Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Naperville drug ring busted; 8 arrested

5K views 55 replies 28 participants last post by  ENutz 
#1 ·
http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/...e-drug-ring-busted-eight-people-arrested.html

Authorities say they've broken up a drug ring in Naperville, seizing cocaine and heroin and arresting eight people.

The arrests were made earlier this week after an undercover officer bought 4½ ounces of cocaine for $3,900, according to a statement from the Naperville Police Department. Authorities said the undercover officer started making drug buys back in March.

Four people were initially arrested and a home searched in the 2000 block of Bluewater in Naperville, police said. The others were taken into custody in Wheaton and Glen Ellyn.
"Various quantities of suspected cocaine and heroin were recovered along with drug paraphernalia, United States currency that was the proceeds from narcotics trafficking, three motor vehicles, along with other items of evidence," the police statement said.

Charged were:

• Theodore G. Cleveland, 24, 2023 Baldwin Way, Bolingbrook. Charged with delivery of a controlled substance.

• Rolando Sandoval, 22, 2831 Bluewater Court, Naperville. Charged with delivery of a controlled substance.

• Heidi Bree, 22, 1987 Dunhill Lane, Aurora. Charged with delivery of a controlled substance.

• Justin H. Prouflias, 19, 20 Sterling Circle, Wheaton. Charged with delivery of a controlled substance.

• Vanessa N. Nelson, 18, 20 Sterling Circle, Wheaton. Charged with delivery of a controlled substance.

• Rachel Margo, 25, 9730 W. McLean, Melrose Park. Charged with possession of a controlled substance.

• Erica Steger, 20, 29W547 Winchester, Warrenville. Charged with possession of a controlled Substance.

• Luis A. Sandoval, 21, 2831 Bluewater Court, Naperville. Charged with possession of cannabis.
Looks like all the Naperville kids will have to get all their drugs from Aurora and Woodridge now. :lmao:

#4 ·
Some of these kids are under the age of 21. It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of these kids were partying it up at Zero Gravity or selling it to kids who went there.

#18 ·
where I grew up all the harder drugs came from the private schools - catholic ones at that - It was where the rich "I'm 16 so daddy bought me a beemer" crowd all went to school so I guess they had more capital to invest in the good stuff rather than the stems and seeds stuff

takes money to make money

#17 ·
Why H has come back in a big way I can't understand.
When I was a kid all my friends smoked weed.. and maybe did some acid.. but only a few people I knew went beyond that.

A couple years later I was talking to a friend who had become a cop in the area (schererville indiana) and he was telling me how bad the heroin problem had become - how it wasn't just injectables and it was becoming a nightly thing to have to deal with someone strung out on it - Just kind of amazed me coming from little small town america that you'd find that.

I've never even seen it in real life.. then again I've never seen crack in real life either - guess I'm just pure as the driven snow

#25 ·
There were always drug stories coming out of that complex on Rt34 a bit west of Naper North. Syringes on the ground, etc.

My former room mate's brother was one of the supposedly most well-known "pharmacists" in the area back in the late 80s/early 90s when they were in HS. He's dead now. Among many Naperville kids, the pretty extensive (for a nice suburb) drug culture seems to be almost common knowledge from listening to them talk about it. At least kids from that era.

Are Naperville schools all that good? I know it's not the greatest district for teachers from talking to many teachers.

#27 ·
Benet's not much better. I knew a few people that went there (late 90s early 00s) and yeah, it's the same as any other rich, suburban high school.

You should hear some of the stories my wife tells me about when she went to Hinsdale Central.

#34 ·
I would have to disagree as a recent Naperville Central graduate. The majority of the kids at Benet I ever met were pretty much forced to go there and did not benefit from it as you might expect. Very "rebellious" kids over there, even more so than at the public schools you might say.

#33 ·
So, after reading what you all have shared... I should lock up the lil' one and keep her away from school... right?

This stuff is scary!

#41 ·
There were 8 people busted but the article only shows the mugshots of 4 of them. Why is that?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.