Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Help, need to convert M4P to MP3/WMA

944 views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  hexraptor 
#1 ·
So I got a new MP3 player to use on Mt. McKinley because my iPod Mini won't work at high altitudes and now I find out I can't listen to half of the music in my library. All of the songs I bought off iTunes are M4P format and I need them in either MP3 or WMA to play on my SanDisk player.

I've searched the net and have come up with bubkiss. Can anyone help me convert the files?

Thanks in advance.

#5 ·
To convert files to Mp3 its not a problem.
Problem are ACC file associated wit mac.
I didnt seen any converter acc to mp3.
I know its working from acc to audio and audio to mp3.
Use nero burning room to convert to mp3.

#8 · (Edited)
tunebite, thanks Chris.

hrglass, I'll try those out, too.

The reason some iPods won't work at altitude is the hard drive. Air pressure keeps the heads in contact with the discs. The lack of air pressure at high altitude means that the heads aren't touching the discs anymore. Also with any jarring motion the heads could bounce off the discs, messing them up. I've read reports from many climbers that their iPods didn't work above 13,000 ft. I've used mine at 11,500 and it worked fine but I'm reticent about taking it higher.

Also, recharging the battery is a problem up yonder. The MP3 player I bought runs off of a AAA battery. Lightweight and easily replaceable. ;)

#12 ·
Paladin said:
Why did you just not get one of the ipods that is flash?
Like a shuffle

BTW \\

Have a good climb hope you sumit as planned.,

Thanks, Kirk. As for the reason I didn't get another iPod, I need something powered by a regular battery. I wouldn't be able to charge an iPod on the mountain.

Chris, I'll call you on Monday. Thanks, bro.

#13 ·
bump

i'm assuming tunebite isn't free? anything better out in the last 4 years??

I've got a crapload (40gig) of mother F*****in m4a audio files that won't work on my sansa..my sister somehow converted all my music when she installed itunes.

edit: wow old thread...2 weeks after I joined! :p

#19 ·
It was an iPod Mini, and it had an HD. I'm sure iPods/iPhones don't have HDs anymore and I could take one mountaineering, but there's still the battery issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.