Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Broke down on I65

2K views 67 replies 33 participants last post by  OldSkoolMC 
#1 ·
I lost the belt on the van driving down toward Indy to buy a bike. It was fucked up because I really started to get a headache and feel Light headed But couldn't figure out why. So I rolled the window down to get some air Looked Down at my gauges and the temp was pretty hot and the voltage was low. I must have gotten some mild carboonoxide poisoning or something. I got some fresh air and the headache is starting to go away.

Tow truck is on it's way and I was at least able to pull into a rest area. This sucks big monkey balls! DAMN IT!

#46 ·
I was going to buy a really nice Superhawk for a really good price. I want it for the street and touring around. I will keep the sv's for the track. I was really thinking about getting a 600 for the track but I will probably get helicoptor lifted to the ER if I go that route. I go fast enough to have fun but slow enough to stay alive on the sv.

Turns out the nut backed out on the alternator pully and it threw the belt. Not sure what made me feel sick but it was not good at all. I was thinking either the belt tensioner or something with a pully because the cerpantine belt wad new.

I got home about midnight last night and happy I have good friends to help me out and keepe company when crap like this happens. Thanks guys. Ill post pics of the superhawk shortly.

#64 ·
That's a solid deal Nick. Bike looks clean! The Super Chicken is a fun bike with pretty comfy ergos.

Below avg fuel mileage makes for frequent stops when touring, but I'm sure you & Gus can find ways to get a little more if it's an issue for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.