Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Indiana Title

365 views 12 replies 2 participants last post by  Poppy828 
#1 ·
Anyone know how these work? I traded my RMZ today for a gsxr1000 that the guy had for a month. I live in IL and had a clear title for him. He never took the "Application for certificate of title" to the bmv that the dealer he bought it from gave him. Can we just go there tomorrow and do this even though it's been over a month snce the purchase? Pay a ate fee?

Quick help is needed as this is a sweet bike and I don't want to lose it over paperwork issues and I am driving back to Indy tomorrow morning to hopefully clear this up.

Thanks

#4 ·
Well he is in Indianapolis and the bmv is like 1 mile from him he said. He's at 465 S and Mann. I am in IL so I have no clue how this works. Just don't want any hiccups with this second trip....he paid sales tax already but it's been over the 31 days to file....

Just want a smooth transition tomorrow and no huge fees???

#13 ·
So it turns out after going to the Indy BMV the dealer filed the Paperwork for title on 4/15/10 yet this guy has not received the title. The title is in "pending" status and I was told it can take anywhere from 2-6 weeks to get processed. No more info could be given other than that.

The dealer has done there part according to them so they can't help either.

So I have an 01 Gsxr 1000 in my garage no title and hoping this guy gets it soon and follows through with sending it to me. Man what a cluster this is. It's a piece of paper.

Just hope everything turns out ok.....especially since I just insured it today for the just in case.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.