Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

CLSB Runners - June Challenge

5K views 136 replies 18 participants last post by  Murcielago 
#1 · (Edited)
New month, new challenge

I guess I'll take my turn keeping track this month. Nothing original here, just a shameless copy and past of last month. I don't have a Nike+ system so someone else can set that up if they want. Garmin is better anyway, suckas :neener:

Participants (and distances in miles):

Chicago Chrome = 101
Solo = 78.85
Xian_13 = 62.2
Meulen = 54
AgentofDarkness = 36.5
Rob = 36
Muskrat = 23.1
Muddy = 13.22
Chills = 9.4
SilentAlero = 4.2
Drama = 4

#14 ·
im game

4.2 miles for me today

2.85 yesterday

#26 ·
everyone should be updated....

So, half marathon guys... are you following a set program?

I'm thinking about doing this one to give me a goal to shoot for

http://www.morsemini.com/index.html

It's not until Sep, which gives me some time to train for it. If the 11 miler I ran yesterday is any indication, I'll need to really pick things up. Already learned I shouldn't try doing it on an empty stomach, and seriously the nipple chafing need to be addressed. :laughing

#28 ·
everyone should be updated....

Already learned I shouldn't try doing it on an empty stomach, and seriously the nipple chafing need to be addressed. :laughing
Lube your body with Pam! (as in the cooking spray)
That stuff is awesome...

Also try to run in a sleeveless shirt.
Tight fitting clothes don't rub either.
Or just lube up...

-X

#29 ·
thanks for the tip.

Now I just have to decide which is more awkward: spraying cooking oil on my nips, or walked around with my high beams on for a day or 2 after a long run. :jester

#35 ·
Nice Ken!!!

But take a couple days off from running mow so you don't get an over use injury. Then you can do a couple more shorter runs before you do another long run like that. Don't get hurt before the tri!

+4 for on a brick for me today. 9 total.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.