Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Road "A" - July 1

2K views 41 replies 19 participants last post by  Pocket Rockets 
#1 ·
Welp... it's official.. I am once again a Nesbian... and now so is LVO!

Who else is gonna be up there?

#5 ·
I'll be at both I believe.

#8 ·
You know that this is the 30th and the 1st correct?

#17 ·
Take it easy Craig. Tendons can be a bitch to heal. Still nursing the PCL back to health after 2 months here. All this riding and other crazy stuff keeps aggravating it... :)

You doin the SED day at Putnam?

#19 ·
Take it easy Craig. Tendons can be a bitch to heal. Still nursing the PCL back to health after 2 months here. All this riding and other crazy stuff keeps aggravating it... :)
Yea, last time I torqued this wrist/hand was about 8 years ago when a piece of Masonite kicked back up off of the table saw and whacked it. That took a few weeks to recover from, too. This time I didn't injure it as bad, so I'm hoping that 2-3 weeks will be enough to get back out there and ride.

It wouldn't be so bad if I had whacked the left hand, but the right needs to twist the throttle and run the brake. I need full motion and dexterity recovery to b safe out there.

Although it's a real good incentive to get my body position right and get the weight off my hands/arms! :)

#20 ·
I'm in for both days. Now here is a question for gearing. I'm currently -1 +2 on my gsxr 600 and think I'm going to be running out of room on a course like RA. Should I be taking anything into consideration if I only change out the front sprocket? Example - I'm thinking about changing to a stock front (still maintaining lowered gearing), or even a +1 (raising the gearing slightly above stock). I think by doing that I'll be keeping my wheelbase & geometry pretty much the same. Thoughts?

#31 · (Edited)
I run -1/+1 and managed to top out on the front straight last month on my 600. If you want to have reserve, I'd go for 0/+1 for RA. That will give you more top end speed, but cost you torque (i.e. drive out of corners). You should check one of the chain + gearing calculators to see what that does to the rear wheel position.

#33 ·

Pocket Rockets, I recognized your bike, saw you yesterday at RA, so, here is a late hello!

it was really fun - different beast from BHF for sure.

it was my first time with NESBA and first time at RA. I had a blast!

Greg, any pointers? I talked to other CR there - the one with "The Grouch" written on his shirt, but had no chance to talk to you after the session. I was on black R6 # 711

I will definitely be back with NESBA and back on RA in the future.

#37 ·
I was there but called it an early day. I've been having problems with my master going squishy no matter what I do. Came up to T-1 and had a little trouble slowing the bike down. Decided I didn't want to die and headed home early. But wow was I having a blast had the knee down all over the place. It was awsome.

#38 ·
Our day was truncated as well. Lucas never got to put a wheel on the track as he ended up taking the Fuzzy Yellow Duc down to Milwaukee for a little engine inspection. She's gonna need another valve adjustment, to correct the slop that was done by it's former owner. I'm really starting to get a hard-on for this guy.

I went out for a couple of sessions but meh.

Was a much better weekend racing tho.

#39 ·
Good seeing you out there for the long week. Glad you guys had fun and the weekend provided some good times.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.