Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

CCS Racing this weekend

2K views 43 replies 17 participants last post by  YZFRob 
#1 ·
Anyone going to Blackhawk for the races this Sunday? I'm heading up Saturday afternoon. I'm not interested in practice, I just want to race.

Does anyone have a new or slightly used 120/70/17 Michelin DOT race tire they want to sell me? I dropped the ball and forgot to order one from Monte. I cashed mine at Putnam a couple weeks ago.

#4 ·
I'm preregistered for GTL, Thunderbike and ULSB. I may race another class to we'll see. I need a front tire though. Who has one? I called Blarney and left a message, thanks for the PM Jason.

I may resort to digging through the tire pile if I have to.

#16 ·
I'll be there. Not sure if I'm griding up.

#18 ·
For anyone that doesn't know. There has been a schedule change for BHF for the rest of the CCS season. There are no Saturday races. The Friday practice and MotoVid Racer clincs are now on Saturday. All races are run on Sunday.

#22 ·
Yep.

I don't believe there is a Team Challenge event, so you'd just have to wait for one race to get in if you don't get there before the fun starts.

#23 ·
Lucas and I will be there... if we're racing 2 bikes, it'll be Thunderbike, F-40/FemMoto and Lightweight F-40 (back-to-back-to-BACK fun for both of us).

If just one bike, we'll flip a coin for Thunderbike, Lucas will ride LW F-40, and I'll do FemMoto... and have another chance to perfect our "rapid removal" number plate swap.

And if the week finishes like it started... we'll be there on Saturday night for the auction and a leisurely ride home Sunday morning.

#25 ·
Can anyone post the remaining schedule at BHF? I'd like to ride up and spectate but I won't be able to this Sunday because I will be in Peoria for the TT.
Are the CCS/BHF gate fees still outrageously high for spectators?

#28 ·
Schedule
http://ccsracing.us/venues/blackhawk.html

I believe Corey's logic on the gate fees is correct. Thats one good thing about the 1 day event. Less gate fees.

I hate that the gate fees are charged by the weekend. Meaning that if you showed up when they had Friday practice, you paid for 3 days of gate fees.

It's hard to grow an amateur sport and get people interested when it could cost $100 or more for a family of 4 to come out and watch racing on Saturday when it was scheduled that way.

Corey, if I ride, I could definitely use a pit crew during the day. I would probably do a mid-day race and the last race. Since I'm there pit crewing for someone else, I can always use help :) Track me down Friday and we'll see.

#38 ·
I hate that the gate fees are charged by the weekend. Meaning that if you showed up when they had Friday practice, you paid for 3 days of gate fees.

It's hard to grow an amateur sport and get people interested when it could cost $100 or more for a family of 4 to come out and watch racing on Saturday when it was scheduled that way.

I hate that also. It used to be you could buy a single day wristband for $10. If you just wanted to go saturday, you just paid $10. But unfortunately some asshats kept paying for saturday only, camped out there & stayed for sunday without paying for a sunday wristband. Just like everything else, the acts of a few ruin it for the rest of us.

#32 ·
I have a dumb question. How many laps are normally in one CCS/ASRA/WERA race?

#33 · (Edited)
Depends on the track and the race. Longer tracks have less laps. At Blackhawk you generally get 8 laps for most races. GT races are 25 minutes though, which works out to be about double IIRC.

Also, everybody - please consider coming Saturday night for the Red Flag Fund auction, this is their biggest event to make money and it's going to be hurt by the low turnouts and revised schedule. The RFF helps pay medical bills for injured racers.

#34 ·
Also, everybody - please consider coming Saturday night for the Red Flag Fund auction, this is their biggest event to make money and it's going to be hurt by the low turnouts and revised schedule. The RFF helps pay medical bills for injured racers.
+1 Come out and support the cause and get yourself some cool stuff!

Road America CCS is 4 laps :(

#41 ·
Maybe :)

Email Ginger and get it sorted out.
Ginger.McGahey@ccsracing.us

Then tell me what you need.

Geesh. Want me to ride the bike for you too?

#42 ·
Guess why we haven't come out to spectate this year? Because while we love our friends, it's not worth $50 if we're not racing.

You'd think maybe coming up with a different wristband system might help. One color for the whole weekend, different color for each day, and then charge per day, and then actually police it. The only time I've ever been asked for a wristband was the by the flagger when getting on the track for practice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.