Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

EPA Ammo ban coming?

1K views 37 replies 24 participants last post by  PaleHorse 
#1 ·
http://www.nssfblog.com/epa-considering-ban-on-traditional-ammunition-take-action-now/

All Gun Owners, Hunters and Shooters:

With the fall hunting season fast approaching, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) under Lisa Jackson, who was responsible for banning bear hunting in New Jersey, is now considering a petition by the Center for Biological Diversity (CBD) – a leading anti-hunting organization – to ban all traditional ammunition under the Toxic Substance Control Act of 1976, a law in which Congress expressly exempted ammunition. If the EPA approves the petition, the result will be a total ban on all ammunition containing lead-core components, including hunting and target-shooting rounds. The EPA must decide to accept or reject this petition by November 1, 2010, the day before the midterm elections.
Basically an ammo ban through the back door. Almost anything other than lead would be considered "armor piercing" and thus illegal, and the few metals that aren't "armor piercing" are obscenely expensive.

Thanks Obama!

#5 ·
What do you think is gonna be next on the Obama EPA hit list?

That's how he rolls. Under the table re-legislation through regulatory agencies, without that pesky accountability thing.

He's also instructed ICE to stop deporting people. Amnesty for illegal without any messy political fallout coming down on him.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7169978.html

#9 ·

Reactions: jrock
#18 ·
http://www.nssfblog.com/epa-considering-ban-on-traditional-ammunition-take-action-now/

Basically an ammo ban through the back door. Almost anything other than lead would be considered "armor piercing" and thus illegal, and the few metals that aren't "armor piercing" are obscenely expensive.

Thanks Obama!
Using your logic, when the EPA rejects this petition (and they will), we should thank Obama. (Even though he has no direct input)

Lead does have a negative effect on wildlife. Every year hunting in South Dakota we find dozens of pheasants with acute lead poisoning. :lmao:

Although in all seriousness, at least for bird hunters, there should be a transition to steel shot. Lead is not the best thing to be spreading around the breeding grounds of birds that pick things up off the ground for their gizzards.

#27 ·
You're an engineer, so you wouldn't know this: but look up Unitary executive theory.

It's Barry's branch of gov't, he's responsible. Even though he will deny any involvement and "have someone look into it," behind the scenes, it's exactly what he wanted. Political Kabuki theater.

#19 ·
So my stockpile isn't big enough? Now that Walmart is restocked, I'll have to start clearing them out again.

btw Lisa is 100% Obama's appointee. He may not care, or influence her daily decisions, but he gave her the job and could take it away if he choose to. Elections have consequences.

#20 ·
Although in all seriousness, at least for bird hunters, there should be a transition to steel shot. Lead is not the best thing to be spreading around the breeding grounds of birds that pick things up off the ground for their gizzards.
I agree with this. I've heard the birds pick up shot all the time thinking its seed. Or at a minimum their picking up rock and grit for their gizzards like you said.

#23 ·
Ricky finds this very funny....they can't even stop the sale of illegal guns, I would love to know how they are going to stop the sale of ammo. The ammo manufactures must love this, all the conspiracy types running out and buying everything in sight, I would double my prices, but that's me. I was foolish enough to hoard in the early 90's, that shit is heavy to move around. I have never had a problem getting ammo or reloading components.

#24 ·
I have never had a problem getting ammo or reloading components.
Clearly you didn't buy from late '08 to early '09. I didn't see primers on the shelves for over 6 months. And now that they *are* on the shelves, they are $35 a box of 1000!!!

My last box of primers I bought after 9/11 cost me $15 per 1000, and people thought that was a lot.

#25 ·
why ban guns when you can ban everything else.

Personally, I was waiting for the ban on rubber-bands when shooters learned they could bump fire..:laughing:

It ridiculous. Look through history it is repeating itself. Instead of the jewish it will be "non-muslim" this time around.

Ask yourself this: If a cop showed up at your door right now and said 'do you have a gun?" what would you say? NO.

BUT if the same officer knocked on your door and said "good day sir I am officer Pete and because our PD is so overwhelmed with crime, and we have no money, and we want to protect you we'd like to know if you have a gun? this way in the event we need your help to protect your neighborhood we could come to you for assistance, would that be ok with you good citizen?" Now what would you say?

Its a stepping stone process. Again look through history

#28 ·
Ask yourself this: If a cop showed up at your door right now and said 'do you have a gun?" what would you say? NO.

BUT if the same officer knocked on your door and said "good day sir I am officer Pete and because our PD is so overwhelmed with crime, and we have no money, and we want to protect you we'd like to know if you have a gun? this way in the event we need your help to protect your neighborhood we could come to you for assistance, would that be ok with you good citizen?" Now what would you say?

Its a stepping stone process. Again look through history

while i agree with you, i always say "no guns here"

#34 ·
I forgot how many millions ($1.9?) Northbrook Sportsman's got fined for lead cleanup on the old site and the EPA made them shift the sporting clays courses away from the wetlands on the new site. Lead pollution is and has been high on the EPA's hitlist for years! Blame Obama, but this isn't new.

#35 ·
#36 ·
You're an engineer, so you wouldn't know this: but look up Unitary executive theory.

It's Barry's branch of gov't, he's responsible. Even though he will deny any involvement and "have someone look into it," behind the scenes, it's exactly what he wanted. Political Kabuki theater.
So Rob.......still a conspiracy with Obama at the helm. I would think if good ol' Barry wanted the EPA to ban ammunition, considering he appointed the head of the EPA, and is responsible (your words) for that branch of gov't, the petition wouldn't have been rejected so easily.

:laughing:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.