Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

premium or high end laptop sales

728 views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  MoparBoyy 
#1 ·
are there any stores that carry the higher end laptops from like hp or sony?

i know there is the sony store in wood field but what about from other brands? places like best buy only carry a limited selection and seems like stuff for the typical college kid.

im really wanting to check out a HP envy 17" but i dont have the first clue where to find one.

(sorry mac lovers its just not an option, they dont do everything a PC can do)

#3 ·
Oh Snap for the MAC.

I know the Office Depot and the Office Max carry more business Laptops, not sure if what your looking for. Check there web sites..

#6 ·
How high-end are you looking for? Something for high-end gaming?

There are custom-made laptop lines out there, not known to the general consumer market. Do some Googling on Sager/Clevo and poke around notebookforums.com.

I'm typing all of this from a SAGER NP8690, which I bought from xoticpc.com. They offer a great deal of high end laptops.

#7 ·
Bek, i realized after i wrote this, that i'm not looking for high end stuff.. i should have said "higher end than best buy"

i'm not looking for a gaming laptop, just something with retarded amounts of storage, balls fast processor, killer screen, yet some decent portability.

right now im looking at a HP envy 17", you can build/buy them online on HPs site, puts me at like $2k for everything I want. I just really would like to touch, feel, the body of the laptop before i drop that kind of coin on a new one. you go to best buy and all they have is the under $1k computers and nothing on the higher end side of the major manufacturers.

#12 ·
Alex,

I have a higher end Dell Studio XPS 1640 laptop for sale if you're interested. I bought it last November and have only used it for about 2 months. It's basically new and in perfect condition. It has Intel Core i7 Processor, 64 bit OS, HDMI, Blu-Ray Burner, Full HD 15.6" display. The HDD is 500GB though. $1,200.00 obo.

Below are the specs.

Intel CoreTM i7-720QM (1.6 - 2 .8 GHz 6M/8 threads)
4GB, DDR3, 1333MHz 2 Dimm
15.6 inch Wide Screen 16:9 1080p Full HD WLED LCD, W/2.0
MP, XPS 1645
Dell Webcam Central v1.4
Facial Recognition
ATI Mobility RADEON HD 4670 1G B
500GB 7200RPM Free Fall Sensor Seagate Hard Drive
Obsidian Black High Gloss Finish
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium , 64bit, English
Windows Live Search,Multiple User Interface
DELL WELCOME,Software Dimension/Inspiron
Dell Dock Consumer
PC-Restore, Dim/Insp
Dell Support Center Software 64 Bit 2.0
Dell Connect 2.1
DELL-DOWNLOAD-FLAG
MOD,SW,W7HP64,DVD,MUI,NO-E
DELL RESOURCE DVD,BACK-UP,XPS 1645
Windows 7 Label
Integrated 10/100 Network Card
ADOBE READER 9.0 MULTI- LANGUAGE
4X Slot Load Blu-ray Disc (BD) Burner (Writes to DVD/CD/BD
Roxio Creator 10 Premiere Blu-Ray, Factory Installed
Cyberlink Power DVD 8.3 Blu-Ra y Disk Playback
High Definition Audio 2.0 with SRS Premium Sound
Intel WiFi Link 5300 802.11AGN Half Mini Card
McAfee Sapphire MUI, 15-Month
9-cell Battery
Microsoft Works 9.0, English For Inspiron
*2 Year Limited Warranty

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.