Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

moving itunes

614 views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  KBOlsen 
#1 ·
So i got a new laptop, i'm selling off my old one. now i have all my music on the old laptop along with itunes. i would like to move all of that over to the new PC.

the only option i know of right now, is to just copy the music off the old PC. Dump it on the new PC, install iTunes, and start from scratch.

is there any other way?

#2 ·
Take the entire folder and all its contents and put it on the new machine exactly where it belongs... (assuming you have it configured to copy things 'into' itunes and not just reference things back to their original locations scattered around your HD

#4 ·
there might be some Itune files in your document and settings folder under a hidden folder, which you need to copy and move over too

document and settings/moparboy/userdata
document and settings/moparboy/local settings

look in those 2 folders for anything that relates to Itunes.

there are probably stuff in the registry, but I'm assuming it will no different if you install Itunes in your C:\itunes on the new puter.

you can get a registry backup or look at Itunes registry "regedit" on the start menu. and do search for Itunes and see if it has any secret code

#6 ·
Are these legitimate or illegitimate song files? If its all purchased, just de-authorize the old computer, install and authorize the new computer and re-download it all from i-tunes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.