Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

And here we go again with gun issues

1K views 33 replies 20 participants last post by  Underdog 
#1 ·
just heard on radio all these politician are crying for tougher gun laws and one politician aka from NY is drafting a bill to make it illegal to carry a loaded weapon within 1000 ft of a federal politician

Seriously it takes the killing of a judge and a shot congresswomen for everyone to jump the band wagon

#8 ·
What we need to do:

-Create a council to do an in depth examination into what caused the shooting.

-In the mean time we need to set up a new organization to protect the councilmen and women, we can call it the CSA Council Security Administration. This org. of course will have complete freedom to trounce any constitutional right anyone may think they have. A few trillion dollars should get this group up and running.

-We also need to implement an ID systems that tracks free citizens every move. Be it online, on water, or above ground. We need to create this for the safety of our citizens and children!

#19 ·
If we're comparing error rates, it doesn't really matter if they do it more often. But I see your point on just numbers overall. Cops get more opportunities to fuck it up than Joe Permitholder.

It is worth noting that Joe Permitholder DIDN'T fuck it up in this case. "almost" only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

#24 ·
Leave it to the Democrats to drag the "Fairness Doctorine" back into the ring. It's designed to muzzle conservative radio becuase the Liberals have never been successful in radio. Ironic that the Liberals have 4 main publically broadcasted ...TV channels and the Conservatives have ONE channel that you have to pay to get via cable or satellite. yet they feel things are not "Fair". Liberals are scared because their thought process and methodlogy are not financially sustainable.

This freak had a skull sitting on orange peels in his backyard. The preliminary info I have read said he is left wing according to fellow classmates. That would mean he may have shot the congresswomen for being too moderate! (she is a blue-dog Dem) The Dem's better watch out of their rhetoric. Regardless this guy is insane so party affiliation is not really the issue.

We are fortunate that he did not use his car to run into the crowd THEN get out shooting.

#25 ·
Here's a question for you...let's presume this maniac in Arizona didn't have access to a gun but he was absolutely determined to take out the Congresswoman and any supporters he could and he attacked the crowd swinging a machete that he sharpened to a razors edge in his home and concealed in the leg of his pants (who's going to suspect someone with a limp?). Do you think the death toll of his madness would have been any less? I personally think it could have been more!
Point being...A:Guns don't kill people, people do and...B:A madman determined to kill will find a way.
In a free society there are risks. One of those risks is dealing with deranged individuals who have the same rights as everyone. Because he acts out his insanity should we reduce everyones rights to prevent another incident perpetrated by a madman that may never come?
Thankfully, the NRA still has enough clout to stop the more ridiculous of the knee jerk reactions towards firearms ....but for how long?

#27 ·
Here's a question for you...let's presume this maniac in Arizona didn't have access to a gun but he was absolutely determined to take out the Congresswoman and any supporters he could and he attacked the crowd swinging a machete that he sharpened to a razors edge in his home and concealed in the leg of his pants (who's going to suspect someone with a limp?). Do you think the death toll of his madness would have been any less? I personally think it could have been more!
Wound 18 and kill 6 in the same period of time with a big knife? Just getting within arm's reach of that many people after you stabbed the first person would be difficult. Nevermind glancing blows when people would naturally put up hands etc. to defend themselves. It would probably take a few attempts (after the first one) to get lethal penetration.

Doing that kind of damage without a gun/explosive/chemical would be pretty difficult in my estimation.

I agree that you can't stop crazy. I disagree that we have to keep giving crazy such efficient tools.

#33 ·
No, it's nuts to think that such laws would stop a person like that from causing harm. I'm pretty sure that shooting people is already illegal. ...and really, I wasn't alluding to that proposal in particular but more the case for increased gun control as a whole.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.