Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

nesba track day info please...

331 views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  yamaweezle 
#1 ·
i went to an open track day at blackhawk farms with brent s. last year...looked like tons of fun...for beginners, that want to try it out, how difficult is it get started? do i have to modify my bike at all to make it track legal? i know that you need personal protective gear, but i really don't want to alter my r1...or do i just have the wrong idea? :wheelie

#3 ·
sweet!!!!! i really want to try this...looks like too much fun to be missing out on...last year i had an 01' r6 that i thought would be perfect for it (and it prolly was), but now i'll be riding an 04' r1! might not be perfect for the beginner track rider, bet i'll get used to it...thanx for the info!

#7 ·
rdrash said:
all you need to do for nesba begginer group is tape up or remove all lightsl, and get rid of the mirrors.
i also heard that you get two free 20min sessions...am i right? for first timers? do you still need to tape your lights and such? i'm not complaining just curious... :)

#8 ·
Odysseys said:
nesba is AWESOME...you do know they are our track sponser and are on this forum right?
;)
yes i do... :) it sounds like an excellent learning experience, even for veteran street & highway riders...i even signed up for the free nesba track day...got my fingers crossed... :wheelie

#12 ·
yamaweezle said:
i also heard that you get two free 20min sessions...am i right? for first timers? do you still need to tape your lights and such? i'm not complaining just curious... :)

A little advice: sign up for the whole day. Once you do two sessions you'll be hooked. Track riding is like crack, its VERY addictive. I did my first trackday last August and signed up for the whole day. Its worth it!

Its easy to tape your lights. Just pull the fuses for all your lights and put duct tape over them (you don't want the heat from the ligths to melt the tape to your glass). Its not hard to take off when you're finished. And mirrors come off easily. Just slap a number on your tail and you're ready to rock!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.