Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

918 Spyder now on sale

2K views 47 replies 15 participants last post by  G2G 
#1 ·
So I go into The Porsche Exchange on Saturday and ask the salesman if I can check out a Spyder. He asks which one. I get a dumbfounded look on my face and say the Boxster Spyder... is there another one? Hey says yep, Porsche is now taking orders for the 918 Spyder.

http://www.porsche.com/microsite/intelligentperformance/international.aspx

This will be the most expensive Porsche ever. The dude says if you want one you have to hand over $400k before Porsche will start building it for you. Once finished you need to hand over the other $400k to take delivery.

Talk about a sweet ride. The interior reminds me of the Carrera GT's interior. :mouth_water:

#4 ·
Hey Ken, did you see that while you're waiting for your 918 to be built Porsche will build you a special edition 911 Turbo S with the same edition number as your Spyder?

Ohhh if I had $1M to spend right now.....

#12 ·
They didn't have a Box Spyder, so I didn't get to check it out in person. From everything I've heard it is hands-down a much better driving experience than the Boxster S. I'm seriously thinking about making it my next Pcar.

I can't wait to see the Cayman R, too.

#19 ·
Even Porsche knows mid-engine is the way to go. Hence the Carrera GT and the new 918 Spyder. The 911 is a cool car, don't get me wrong, but mid-engine is where its at.

I hope eventually Porsche will finally give the Cayman and the Boxster the performance those platforms deserve instead of purposefully hindering them so they can sell Carreras.

(love using that pic LOL)

#28 ·
I personally prefer the Honda Civic 4 banger with aftermarket exhaust

Keep her stock looking with the bazooka exhaust slipon coming out the back so my homies can hear me coming...that's how I roll:)

You guys are lame with this German engineering crap

I used to be into the Ford Pinto's but have since changed my flavor.....

#30 ·
Bah - The new GT-3 RS with the bigger 4.0 will decimate all (said in best Jesse from F&F voice)

#32 ·
The Cayman is actually one HELLUVAH car for the $$ - The Mid Engine does well on the track too

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.