Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Water Wetter VS Amsoil Coolant Boost...

6K views 33 replies 13 participants last post by  Zippy 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Meh Id want to see the results done by a outside company.

#3 ·
I think thats where the " was conducted in a independent laboratory " part comes in.

#5 ·
Engine Ice is a "Propylene Glycol Base Engine Coolant"

Water wetter and Coolant Boost are products that can be added to straight water , or water /anti freeze mix to protect against corrosion and help lower tems with better heat transfer.

#7 · (Edited)
It is a additive just like watter wetter,
here is the paragraph from the NESBA rules

"Anti-freeze is very slippery and decreases
available traction to the equivalent of ice. It is also very difficult
to clean up and has to be flushed with large amounts of water, which is
usually not available at the track. Engine Ice and Evans-type coolants
are NO longer permitted! Water Wetter is permitted."

I do know it is legal at our race track,( Grundy County Speedway)

#9 · (Edited)
their 12ounce bottle sells for 9.95 on Amazon

our 16 ounce bottle retails for $11.10 but the CLSB discount brings it down below the watter wetter price:)

not sure of the mixing ratio of the WW
but our stuff you mix it like this,
For straight water applications, add 2 fl. oz. of Coolant Boost per quart of tap or softened water. For 50/50 coolant/water applications, add 1 fl . oz. of Coolant Boost per quart of 50/50 mix.

#11 ·
I am picking up a case or 2 tonight when I go to the distribution center.

#19 ·
Their directions are to use Tap

Recommendations
Dominator Coolant Boost is recommended with both racing applications using straight water coolant and automotive applications using 50/50 coolant/water mixtures.

Directions: With engine off and cool, make sure cooling system is filled with selected coolant. Shake bottle and pour calculated amount of Coolant Boost into radiator. Start engine, turn heat on high and run for 15 minutes. Do NOT use distilled water unless mixed with 50% antifreeze.

Dosage: For straight water applications, add 2 fl. oz. of Coolant Boost per quart of tap or softened water. For 50/50 coolant/water applications, add 1 fl . oz. of Coolant Boost per quart of 50/50 mix.

#20 · (Edited)
see post #29

#26 ·
It has to do with the aluminum parts of in your cooling system,I will compose a nice reply later tonight or tomorrow, I am leaving here right now,

#22 ·
i do know that distilled water is a more "agressive" solvent than tap water would be simply because it isnt already partially saturated with minerals

if that is the case and is the difference in the testing between the water wetter and coolant boost, it could go towards explaining how they got the corrosion numbers down

#24 ·
#27 ·
does it pass inspection wink?
I sure am doing a lot of reading to find out the ingredients. Still no luck.

So NO, it does not pass inspection at this point for NESBA.

I'd be happy to review the ingredients if provided, and if it does compare with Water Wetter, I'll suggest approval to NESBA. Not reading any more documents at this point, please provide the ingredients directly and the reference document for confirmation.

Trying to help you out here.

#32 ·
I wish track organizations (all of them) would require ALL GROUPS to change
out coolant ^. b & i riders crash too
I was shocked to hear they did not require the removal of the "Antifreeze" for the B and I groups.

#33 ·
I'm amazed that MSDS does not have any type of indication of what the shit is made of. That is what has been holding me back from buying it. Its obviously not PG as that is spelled out in all the MSDS forms for the PG based coolants I have looked at.

I know that amsoil has a proprietary product here, but if you want to sell it and advertise it the way they are they should, at bare minumum, divulge its base compound. Water? glycol of some sort? something else?

I could take the shit to my materials testing lab that i use and figure it all out in an afternoon, and that would let me know real quick if the claims they make are sustainable or hocus pocus. but I shouldn't have to waste a day doing that for a $9 product.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.