Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

i need a spot for my bike...where is the love clsb?

2K views 58 replies 27 participants last post by  beac83 
#1 ·
so i live in schaumburg and the spot where i have been keeping my bike (a keyd garage w/ parking) is soon going to be unavailable. i though i had a few more options but they fell through as well. so with that said, does anyone have any ideas or even, covered/secured spaces that theyd be willing to rent to me? and, if you tell me 60 bucks a month, i am going to tell you to f'in pound it.

ive looked around too and some of these storage places, for a drive up unit/motorcycles/ground level access, want 65+...and thats too much. and i dont want to leave my bike, locked and covered, in my lot.

so, who has some ideas? id be looking to drop the car off and take the bike for a few days and vice versa. i have options in chi but i dont want to have to hike it to foster and cicero every time i want to pick the rocket up.

so whose got some options for me?

:mecry:

#9 ·
he's looking for the hook up yo. If I was near and had room, I'd let him store it for $20.

#10 ·
you can store it at my house for free.

*please note that you must leave the keys, sign a binding waiver of liability and understand that i will ride it when ever you are not riding it, so please be sure to return it with a full tank of gas when ever you are done with it*

Oh, and I am not giving you a key to my garage, so somebody will have to be home to let you in, and if we appear home and nobody answers the door, its not because I had plans to ride your bike later.

#32 ·
Like someone said above, $80-100 is normal for a 1 car garage spot, I'd be happy if I found one for $60.
This. Unless you can offer something useful in exchange- I used to keep my bikes at a friend of my mom's place by bartering for one massage/month.

Now, I pay $50/mo added on to my rent for 3/4 of a two car garage- holds bike and car + some of landlord's junk. And that's only because my landlord is nice.

#36 · (Edited)
, covered/secured spaces that theyd be willing to rent to me? and, if you tell me 60 bucks a month, i am going to tell you to f'in pound it.
so whose got some options for me?

:mecry:
So lets get this straight you buy a bike but didnt think about storing and then you have the Ignorance to say if someone says 60 you going to tell then to pound sand?

Here is your advice

maybe you should park your bike on the street and buy a all season cover.

LOL first you pay to play. Second 60 a month is a piece of mind knowing your bike is safe and unharmed and if anything goes wrong its covered.

Yes who you think foots the bill if something happens the property owner. are you paying electric on the battery tender or the upkeep of the garage in order to provide you with that safe storage? Didnt think so

Cheap ass

#48 ·
i had a spot but my friend is selling his place so i was looking for an alternative. and i do have a cover and ock and such but i would just rather not keep it outside. and for 60 bucks, i can get my own locker somewhere. but being on clsb, thought it might be cheaper or someone might have a hook up. and i received several pms of people willing to share or offer a spot. which is awesome.

so eat shit and thanks for 0 advice/help.

#37 · (Edited)
For the price some people are paying for apartment rent they can buy a really nice house down where I'm at for way less. My mortgage is 700 a month with taxes and insurance. I'm thinking about buying another house, 2 bedroom one bath with a 2 car garage and renting it out. You people around the city are getting robbed blind for rent and property. Argueing about a spot for a bike... Shit, I have room for 10 +. Where I live you can take the train and be downtown in an hour and 15 minutes.

#38 ·
And live by me.

Oh sorry that might be a deal breaker my bad.

#47 ·
SHIET you dam right. Sounds like a good fee to me considering the dangers of working with electric and trying to hold one of them fans up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.