Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

tailgating at Ravinia?

2K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  ill_ag 
#1 ·
I am going Ravinia for the first time this weekend and having never been I was kind of hoping somebody could give me the lay of the land.

The parking lot opens at 4PM and the show starts at 7:30. Can I bring a cooler to the parking lot and have a few "pops" before heading in? Can I bring a grill?

Can I bring a cooler into the facility? We have lawn seats - can I bring chairs or is it better to just bring a blanket?

Any suggestions, tips, tricks?

#9 ·
Dude you can bring your whole frig and fit right in there. I have never seen such a spread ov food and drinks at a concert. If you have less than a 10 gallon cooler ur a lightwieght. I showed up with nothing the first and only time I went there and I felt left out.

#15 ·
Not only is parking a complete fiasco if you get there late, but good luck finding a decent spot on the lawn. When you have 4 people taking up a living room sized space with their blanket and half a kitchen during a sold out show its pretty hard to find a good spot. Needless to say I haven't been back for years.

#22 ·
Don't forget cash for parking.

We usually hang out a little bit after to let the parking lot clear, otherwise it's a pain in the dick.

We bring cheap camp chairs, the ground can be soggy depending on where you sit.

Oh and if you or anyone going is a student of any sort they usually get in free with their ID so bring that.

#23 ·
Yeah..... we go all the time.

Take a blanket or two .... something plastic to put under them if it's been raining.

Food, drink .... all you want.

No grills.

Some people bring linen, crystal, silver and candelabras ...... really.

Take a couple mags or a book, show up early .... hang out.

Leave just before the last encore and you are out like a breeze.

Tom

#26 ·
I used to go there and bring a pillow and a giant sleeping bag and crawl into it with whatever equally classy guy I was dating and diddle around. It's super cool to do stuff like that to the smooth sounds of Bruce Hornsby & The Range, Mary Chapin Carpenter, and Mozart's Concerto No. 5 as played by Joshua Bell.

I love Ravinia.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.