Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Cheapest place to rent a trailer (NW burbs)?

745 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  project15 
#1 ·
where's the best place to rent a basic trailer? I live in the NW burbs and need to pick up a bike in Pittsburgh.

#4 ·
Uhaul is a good option but I would give yourself some time to get it in case they give you a trashed one. I have seen really nice ones and I have used really beat up ones that I would not trust for long trips. I don't recall if the come with spares.

#10 · (Edited)
I just rented one from the Uhaul in palatine for a week long trip down to Missouri. It worked out great and was $15 a day. I reserved it about 3 months ahead of time, but you never know, it could be available when you need it.

I had to buy my own straps and picked up some nice heavy duty ones (1000 lb. load, 3000 lb. max) up from home depot that make a loop on one end so you can wrap it around the forks and then up over the handle bars on each side. Made it very convenient and gave me peace of mind rather than buying cheapo 400 lb max ones.

These, they came in a 2-pack at the palatine home depot for $25. I used cheap rear straps, but probably didn't need to.
http://www.homedepot.com/Tools-Hard...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.