I picked this bike up from Mao a few months ago. He bought it and rode it around for a while before it lost compression on one cylinder. He removed the engine and stopped there. After a few months of hounding him, he finally gave up on it and sold it to me.
I will be doing a full teardown and rebuild of the whole bike, starting with the engine. Work will begin on the chassis once the engine is complete.
The day I brought it home (actually stashed it at my work until I could make room in my garage). It still looks like this now, except sandwiched between some other bikes in my garage:
I began to disassemble the top end to see why it had no compression.
This is what I found:
I think I figured out the compression issue
. Mao actually rode it home like this on the one good cylinder. It chewed up the piston but didn't even touch the cylinder walls: