Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Be Careful

696 views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  Honda4Ever 
#1 ·
:p

#4 ·
i got that same story in email about 8 years ago. i thought it was bogus then, and i think its bogus now. funny that a news paper would print it like its real news. I wonder if this is listed on one of those internet myth sites.

funny though.

G
#5 ·
Vcook said:
i got that same story in email about 8 years ago. i thought it was bogus then, and i think its bogus now. funny that a news paper would print it like its real news. I wonder if this is listed on one of those internet myth sites.

funny though.

I said it before and I'll say it again.

VCOOK, you've seen em all bro :laughing

Why do you always have to ruin it for the people are gulible enough to beleive it. :twofinger

Poor guy, sounds like a true story though, it definitly could happen.

#6 ·
Anybody ever watch Mythbusters? They threw an entire pack of cigarettes in a toilet full of gas one at a time and couldn't get a flash. When they threw a burning book of matches at it it was pretty cool, though. Myth busted.

#11 ·
and... gas doesn't "explode" unless it's compressed. It will just make a big flash and ignite. But to "blow up", it needs to be compressed some how. It's just like gun powder. Unless it's compressed, it just makes a flash. So, for gas in the crapper, (which by the way is the guy's name who invented the toilet) and not being compressed at all, it's not going to blow him off the toilet and into the hallway. :rolleyes

#17 ·
Yeah, it's an old urban legend.
BTW, gas doesn't need to be compressed to explode. A MOAB is just an air fuel bomb. Fill a room with gas vapor and O2 and you can get a big bank. On the other hand, you can toss a lit cigarette into a bucket of gas if it is ventilated without it going up. Liquid gas needs a higher heat factor to start burning without an open flame. I had an autoshop teacher back in highschool that liked to do that just to mess with students. If there were enough fumes to go up, he would have been choking on the smell.

#18 ·
The MOAB I believe uses more of a faster burning fuel. It also si compressed inside eth bomb, whne ignit by the charge inside, the compressed liquid ignites repaidly and sprays in all directions

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.