Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

joliet motorsports??? anyone been??

469 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  bwa 
#1 ·
My son is dying to race this year. Hes doin pretty good on his bike. (suzuki jr50) I found Joliet Motorsports in Wilmington for him to either race or practice at. I have no idea how to get him involved in all this. Hes 5. Its not quite like soccer or t-ball where you just call the park district and sign up. Has anyone been to this place?? anyone have their kids racing?? or know how this practice/race time works??? Help me!! I really dont want to tell him he cant do something cause I dont know how to get him involved!

#2 ·
There phone # used to be 476-7433 but they might of changed owners since then. All I really know is to practice or race you have to join and pay a yearly fee. Once you joined it used to cost $20 to practice. They set you up in a class then went out in your class. That way the 50's weren't gettin' run over by the 500's. Races were held on Saturday night.

If that number doesn't work out let me know I go hit some twisties down there all the time and can stop by and get the real number.

If he does go racing you will have to post up so we can come and he can have his own personal biker cheering section. Group ride to the races.:thumbsup

#3 ·
Never been but I hear good things. There is also a place in Ottawa Il too by the shooting range.

You guys are cool parents.:thumbsup :thumbsup

#4 ·
I was there last year for a Friday night race. It looks to have quite a nice MX track and a smaller track for the small bikes. Also, it looks like they have a go-cart oval. I-55 south to Arsenal Road, follow the frontage road south till it ends, turn right, then go straight west for about 2 miles or so. It'll be on your left(south side of the street. :D

#5 ·
From what I remember, back when I used to race MX, is he will need an AMA membership, and then just pay a weekly fee for entry fees.

I'm 99% positive that if you just show up to the track on a race night, the people at the booth will have everything you need to get him going (including the AMA forms.)

#7 ·
Well.. we went to the track.. It was awesome!! They had practice night so we rode from 5-9. Great track for the kids!! Thanks guys for all the info. Looks like we are going to enter our first race next sat. The kid says he wants a trophy!! Ill let ya know how he does!!

#8 ·
Spicy1 said:
Well.. we went to the track.. It was awesome!! They had practice night so we rode from 5-9. Great track for the kids!! Thanks guys for all the info. Looks like we are going to enter our first race next sat. The kid says he wants a trophy!! Ill let ya know how he does!!
wow, ya guys wanna adopt me? :laughing
:cheers to you guys. And :cheers to your kid!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.