Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Route 66

1K views 15 replies 4 participants last post by  Mike 
#1 ·
Just want to see if anyone is going to Route 66 Test & Tune this Saturday.
Let me know see ya there!:helmet

#5 ·
I left at around 2:15 (had to go pick up my car). Did you happen to find out what happened to the driver of the car that lit on fire way down at the end of the track?

He was spinning until about half track where he let out, then got right back into it.. ran 7-somthing (spinning) then his chutes didn't open and he ended up way down at the end of the track with the car on fire. :( It was far away, but looked like some pretty serious flames. Hope the guy is still alive.

I never did get to see the bikes run.. they held the group back for a long time I guess.. between 11 and 2:15 only one bike ran. Were you sitting in line all of that time? Right when I arrived I noticed a stretched busa and a gix 1000 heading up to get in line.. never got to see them run though. :/ Long time to sit around in leathers when it's hot out.

#6 ·
Yeah, the wait was WAY too long! It was the opening and reallt nice out. So kinda expected it. Last year I went to the open and it was like 55 degrees and I got in about 5 runs in a few hours.

The 57' Chevy ran a 7.5 ET at 176mph, the chutes didn't open so he tried to scrub off some speed by putting it into the wall, and ofcourse with all the friction at that speed, with the mix of alchol and NOS he blow up. He was OK though I saw him and hes crew loading it in the trailer after he was checked out.

My swing arm isn't extended YET I'm hoping to only go about 3 inches, and see how that goes.
Hey, if you or your friends need some racing things I have a list of things for sale under the non-moto.

Next time you'll have to come say HI at the track.
IT WAS HOOOOOOT!!!!

#8 ·
Yeah, I'm up for that. Rt.66 T&T days are now all on Tuesdays for the rest of the year, gates open at 9am.
This year the techs are either very slow or way overly careful, I mean I'm all for safety, but not to mention the bikes going though tech, there was also a 1998 Ferrari 550 with 13,000 miles and it took almost 20 minutes to get through tech.
I'm jealous of your runs at Byron, I got a tan more then runs.:laughing

#9 ·
heck at byron we didnt take the bikes out of the trk or trailor just rolled threw after paying our 25.00!! i know i cant pass tech at rt.66 yet i dont have a chain guard or a kill switch! going to get one soon! so i can go on tues. nights! but still going to byron on the weekends havent got under 10 runs yet on a weekend we always get there late!

#10 ·
You buying a kill switch system or just making one? How is the track over there? I ran my car there about 2 years ago, but never a bike. I heard gets a little choppy somewhere after half track. What were your times? ( if you don't mind) I won't tell :evil

#12 ·
I'm all for going to 66 this year. I just invested in a kill cord and a chain guard. The only thing left is to buy leather paints since I don't think they'll let us run in jeans.:rolleyes We should make an afternoon/night out of it soon!

DAVID

#14 ·
twistedspeed said:
heck at byron we didnt take the bikes out of the trk or trailor just rolled threw after paying our 25.00!! i know i cant pass tech at rt.66 yet i dont have a chain guard or a kill switch! going to get one soon! so i can go on tues. nights! but still going to byron on the weekends havent got under 10 runs yet on a weekend we always get there late!

Heres a good pic of the wait

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.