Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

2012 Memorial Weekend @ ACC + Burger Bash

5K views 82 replies 35 participants last post by  paintedblue 
#1 · (Edited)

3 days, 3 different courses!!!

Saturday May 26th - North Course
Sunday May 27th - South Course
Mondat May 28th - Full Course

There will be burgers, brats, hot dogs and lots of other yummy foods!
BBQ will take place on Sunday after the track day is over. As well as all the festivities; Karts, bags, Auto-X, etc

If you bring a plate to pass that can feed 10 then you're free. If you
don't bring a plate to pass then we ASK for a 5 dollar donation to
help cover costs

If you are bringing a dish to pass please click here and post up what you are bringing and I will keep a list going

Auto-X 1pm - 5pm (2 runs for $20 or 3 runs for $25) Sunday
Located at the skid pad which is behind turn 2 on the south track behind the kart track.
Fastest autocross time wins a track day!

Karts 5:30-6:30 ($25 for a 15 minute session) Sunday
Behind the food court
Announcements will be made as usual when everyone is headed over there!

We'll have a bags tournament on Sunday as well, winners get some swag

Stunt show
During lunch on Sunday! 12:20-12:50
Derrick and Brad will be performing
http://www.usfreestyle.com/
Derrick D-Mann Dangle
Brad B-Rad Flanagan

Come on out for all the shennanigans and spend an awesome weekend with your track family!

See less See more
#4 ·
Might have to be the first track days of the year. And I've never been to ACC.

#17 ·
Can I bring my own car for the autocross :neener:

Will probably be there Sunday.

#25 ·
just a heads up for this season (since Pat mentioned it) we will be setting a new guideline and gradually incorporating. In summary, once you reach "A" group you won't be permitted to ride any other group but "A".

Lets face it if you ride in "A" at Barber or Road America or Grattan etc and you've never done ACC you're still an "A" rider. Going into the "I" group does everyone, especially yourself, a disservice. It's also a little bit of a safety issue, for odds are you'll be much faster than anyone in the "I" group by the 2nd or 3rd session anyway.

So take that "A" sticker Pat and ride the wheels off of it.

#32 ·
I've actually considered signing up for "I" at tracks I've never done before, considering that would be a safe decision given not knowing the layout, braking and turn in points, etc. Then looking to go back to "A" once I got in the groove. I don't like being a speed bump.

#36 ·
for now technically yes, but we will be gradually increasing the quality of the "A" rider by reassigning riders based on their skill set. Point being if you aren't an A level rider you may be reassigned to another group; however, prior to anyone being bumped we will work with you to get you up to speed (while being proficient and SAFE).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.