Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

wanting to start

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Jim 
#1 ·
hello I would like to start riding track soon are there any schools that are affordable and what should I bring? i have leathers, boots, gloves, helmet and a back protector. do I need to trailer my bike and if so is it expensive? anything else i left off please reply. want to ride track to expand my skills. i figure in this forum you guys and gals could help out. thank you in advance.:D

#2 ·
well it all depends om what your looking for. are you looking to race or just to ride aggressivly on the track?

If you are looking to do track days....their are a lot of us here that do those (be prepared to get addicicted and spend a lot of money ,,,up your limit on the credit card!!!)

anyway...a lot of us ride with NESBA (www.nesba.com) or www.sportbiketracktime.com or www.midwesttrackriders.org

these sites list what you need to do in order to get on the track. sounds like your mostly there with all the right equipoment. its a good idea to trailer the bike in in case you crash (hopefully not). Bike prep is very minimal. remove mirrors, turn signal, plate; tape over headlight and brake light, have good tires and brakes and thats mostly it. (not required but good idea to drain antfreeze and replace w/water and water wetter).

prices range from $135 for blackhawk farms to $150-$170 for road america. thers also gingerman and gratten in MI that we go too. you have to join each group also nesba $75/year; STT $15/year

all these groups offer "classes" fop the first time track rider so learning and speed increase as the day goes on. but you never feel like your riding over your head.

each day you run 20 min sessions with a 40 min break each hour so you usaully get 8 or so sessions/day with about 120-150 miles of track time/day.

#4 ·
i know i posted a similar thread in another forum but didn't know if any other member that ride track would see it so i posted another in this one. just trying to get as much info as possible.

#5 ·
lossofsanity said:
i know i posted a similar thread in another forum but didn't know if any other member that ride track would see it so i posted another in this one. just trying to get as much info as possible.
Good for you the more information the better. As for those 2 and there yada yada yada!!! dont mind them they have nothing better to do with there time then basterdize every thread possible, i mean look at there post count that says it all!!:twofinger

#6 ·
JimGoFast said:

Good for you the more information the better. As for those 2 and there yada yada yada!!! dont mind them they have nothing better to do with there time then basterdize every thread possible, i mean look at there post count that says it all!!:twofinger

Pot callin the kettle black :twofinger

#8 ·
Michael said:

i was thinkin the same thing! :twofinger :nono
what are you talking about???

Nesba is the way to get started on the track, im sure the others are good also, take a intro day see how you like it then start looking into the pridmore,code schools:thumbsup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.