Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Supersport @ mid-ohio (warning, results may be inside)

959 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  phozed 
#1 · (Edited)
OMG did you see Yates give that backmarker the business?? LOL... I'm STILL laughing over that one. Was hoping Roger-Lee was gonna get his 1st win but that near-highside was NUTS.... they said it was at about 140mph - sheesh...

Congrats to AY for a GREAT race and the championship...

#2 ·
did I hear the announcer correctly to say that the leader (not spoiling this for people that haven't seen it yet) was as much as 8+ seconds ahead of the pack? Is he that good or is he that psycho? Came down to the wire, thought for sure he was going to lose it at the finish line

#4 ·
you know the races where great, but they need to can david hayden(i mean sidowski). wtf does he work for hayden and honda. the whole rehersing(s/p?) to pass bostrom(race 1) what a joke, he was riding hiss ass off and couldnt get bye him, end of story! Hayden is a dam good rider but come on he made it seem like it was his race to loose and he was behind bostrom.:mad Race 2 much better race, hayden and bostrom neck and neck, are they that much better then the rest? I think bostrom has hayden riding harder, good, it makes for better racing!:helmet

#5 ·
JimGoFast said:
you know the races where great, but they need to can david hayden(i mean sidowski). wtf does he work for hayden and honda. the whole rehersing(s/p?) to pass bostrom(race 1) what a joke, he was riding hiss ass off and couldnt get bye him, end of story! Hayden is a dam good rider but come on he made it seem like it was his race to loose and he was behind bostrom.:mad Race 2 much better race, hayden and bostrom neck and neck, are they that much better then the rest? I think bostrom has hayden riding harder, good, it makes for better racing!:helmet
**edit** here is a quote from nicky on the subject(from ama board)
Q A couple laps before that you came up right next to him at the start/finish. It looked like you were going to try a pass there. Was it not going to work there, or were you just sort of testing in case you were second when you came around on the last lap?

A No, I don't even really remember. I think one time we came up on a lapper, maybe, and Eric kind of just got stood up, and it looked like he was maybe going to go around him and then under him, so I was just trying any way possible. I was looking for anything. I mean, like I said, the best place here is to draft by them and pass them on the brakes, but I knew that was going to be tough, so I was just looking for anything else.

#6 ·
I've heard 'Ski talk about all the times he was on the Hayden farm coaching the Hayden boys before and I agree, the announcers do seem to be way too rider-friendly. WSBK announcers were doing same thing... Bayliss is "protecting his championship lead".... no wait, he's on the gas, no wait, he's being "smart". Bah, those guys want to win races and when they don't you can easily tell.

But, it can't be any worse than last year: Freddy Spencer doing it WHILE sponsored by Honda :laughing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.