Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

The definition of assault weapon.

2K views 29 replies 14 participants last post by  Inu 
#1 ·
Was just thinking about this while on a coffee caffeine high.

So.

In front of me I have a spoon. Its just your regular spoon utilized in making myself, or others fat.

Now If I attack someone, AKA Assaulting them it then becomes a weapon and no longer a spoon.

The spoon is no longer a weapon but an assault weapon. So never is it possible to have a weapon that is not an assault weapon.

Right?

See less See more
#2 ·
Libtards think any rifle is an assault weapon . I wish someone could point out what an AW looks like . I have never seen one . I have seen bolt action rifles , semi auto rifles and machine guns , but yet to see a AW.

#3 ·
Wanna see an AW? Drive to Aurora and say to one of the younger natives that their music sounds like shit. Then you'll see an abundance. :)

#4 ·
There is a "proper" definition of an "assault rifle," which accounts for historical & military application/usage. Then there's another definition of "assault rifle," which is what the media & politicians have morphed into what the general public now believes is an "assault rifle."

Your attempt at a defnition, really does not fit either of the above. In fact, your attempt at applying "assault" as an adjective, muddies the proper definition even further. In other words, you're oversimplying & making things even more confused.

#6 ·
A beer bottle is a tool to deliver beer to your mouth. Then, it could become a weapon when it's busted over your head during a bar fight.

#21 ·
Who cares? Whatever we think an "assault weapon" is, the likes of Dianne Feinstein will make up her own definition and push them upon the often ill informed public. To her an assault weapon/rifle is black, polymer, has 30 round magazine, flash suppressor, bayonet lug, accessory rails, collapsible stock, a sighting system that looks like its out of Star Wars, a "tactical sling" and what she sees soldiers and SWAT teams carry....you know, the rifles you guys love to "build" and label zombie killers, then post pictures on websites and forums with comments as "bad ass", "pretty", "tack driver"...etc, etc. The unfortunate truth is we do the labeling for them and the general public. We are ambassadors for the shooting world and frankly we do a shitty job. We don't act professional or look it. We should dress the part of a "professional" shooter, even if we are not. Instead we show up at matches wearing camouflage "tactical" gear with our blood type on it, don't laugh I have seen it. We are in the public's eye constantly and under the media's scrutiny and we forget that. There are reason I have never posted a picture of any gun I own in this formum. I own the public's idea of the "assault weapon" I feel no need to fuel the frenzy. I would love to post pictures of the many shotguns I own, but they are classic, beautiful O/U's with intricate engraving, gold inlay and claro walnut stocks, no one's interested in those, but man you guys would cream your shorts over Saiga 12 Strikeforce, because it's badass. Yep I am jaded, have been for a long time about where the shooting in general is going.

#22 ·
"The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental."

John Steinbeck had it figured out many years ago...

#24 ·
I traded in all my fancy engraved guns for black polymer ones with rails to attach lasers and holographic scopes. Damn deer are getting smarter every year. :neener::laughing:

#25 ·
I am one of the regular guys that think assault rifle means any rifle that have been used or use by any assault team. Designed to be effective in any ways to accomplish mission in regardless of which the assault team find themselves Either cross-training, extraction team, Urban assault and etc. The Army's M16A2 is I think an assault weapon eventhough they teach Soldiers to use only semi-auto and only use the 3-round-burst for supressive fire.

Assault weapon is broad for me. My example is I eat Army MREs and we use tobasco sauce and its heating granules for making a tobasco bomb. Don't ask me. It worked.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.