Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Kingpin Racing wins its first national!!!

456 views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  OmniGLH 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, after a LONG arduous weekend (complete with one hospital visit) - we managed to win our class and take 4th overall in the Team Challenge event at Road America this past Friday :D

We beat a few VERY fast people... Mike Himmelsbach, Des Conboy, Jessie Janisch to name a few. I guess our margin of victory over the ~2 hour race was less than a second! Just goes to show that you don't necessarily have to be the FASTEST - but you gotta be CONSISTENT and FINISH! We actually didn't even know we won until we heard it over the loudspeaker!

Most of the credit has to go to Brian Hall and our very own Dan Ortega for doing all the riding in this one.. I served as pit crew due to some injuries sustained in a crash Thursday. This definitely helps make up for our points deficit due to our DNF in round 1 at Daytona.

Thanks goes out to our sponsors: my dad for all the help in the pits, the Ecklands for the use of the motorhome over the weekend, Laser Mech Inc for providing the trailer, Tom Mason/Mitch Stein from Mason Racin Tires for the hookup on the Michelins, Tony at DLS Internet for the website, Greg and Luke at Stickerdude for all the graphics on the bikes and trailer, Motul Oils for the oils to keep the bikes running smooth, Matt at MD Racing for the missile-like motors, Mike at Thermosman for the suspension advice, Mike at Mastercraft for the fantastic job painting our Yamahas Kawasaki green, and Mike at Schaumburg Audi for keeping our riders and pit crew in line! :D

Results listed in RRW:
http://venus.13x.com/roadracingworld/scripts/NewsInsert.asp?insert=9037

See less See more
#13 ·
awsome guys:cheers :cheers remember us when you're famous.:thumbsup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.