Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

New from Morton, IL

1K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  C2M 
#1 ·
Just heard of the site from a buddy in the chicago area. Nice site! I own a motorcycle dealership in East Peoria, IL. My 2 favorite bikes I own are :
2008 Suzuki Hayabusa Turbo 543hp/296ft lbs
1986 Suzuki RG500 4cylinder 2 stroke!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome...Nice bikes...anyone who owns an RG 500 can't be ALL bad! From the look of your 'Busa you do or at least like drag racing. You run Cordova? What kind of numbers on that bike?
I have been attending (and at one time raced in) the PMC TT races since 1970. Do you do the PMC events?

#4 ·
The RG is the most fun you can have on 2 wheels... It is simply a ball to ride!

I have been to Cordova, prefer Byron. I have been 7:20 at 198 on the busa.

My parents have been members at the PMC for my entire life. I grew up there! I bet I have seen you race a time or two! Do you have a name and your pro number?

#6 ·
Welcome To CLSB

#7 · (Edited)
Wow...7.20's at 198...that's close to prostock quick! I like Byron too, although the Grove is closer to home for me. I'm in the process of building a GS 1100 based bracket bike for 2WheelSpeed next year. I actually bought the bike in Peoria.
You probably wouldn't remember me racing the TT...I never raced the Grand National but rode the June race many times in the '70's and '80's...My number was 219P and I was a MUCH better short track and half mile rider. I really loved the half mile in Henry.
One of my best friends owns MackDaddy racing and he was Hammerin' Hanks sponsor the first 2 times he won the TT. I've only missed the Grand National race twice since about 1971. I hope you plan to follow your folks footsteps and join the PMC. The only way it lives on is for younger folks step up and continue the traditions...I hope that club and its races go on forever!
I also raced AHRMA there many times. MX, Trials AND TT. My AHRMA # is 218. I sure wish they'd bring the MX back...that natural terrain track in the woods on the TT backstraight was the coolest and most fun I ever had racing! I loved riding trials at PMC Park too!

#10 ·
You're here just in time to catch the death rattle - There was a time not too long ago where Wink would have been all over that Busa and the 500 vs 4 Stroke debate would have been kicked off with that pick

Welcome and thanks for stoping by to pay your respects - Be sure to help your self to some punch and Costco Cookies in the Rec Hall down to the left

#15 ·
there is only one ghetto bike shop that would have a busa like that its othe one who gives away free coats

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.