Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

some random thoughts i have about starting a track day club, to starting a race team.

2K views 58 replies 21 participants last post by  Nickyfan 
#1 ·
getting bored working 2 jobs.

thinking to myself, either about next year, doing ALOT more track days for us, to starting a race team...or atleast a good group of riders to bring in, and maybe find some sponsership, which i know i can easyly get.

any thoughts?

#29 ·
GsxrTony said:
He's got some great ideas. But dont even ask, cause I'll shoot ya before I tell ya. :D

cool....I'll call you tonight. It's been a while since I've been shot.:p

#34 ·
trust me bro....if you got a solid plan...someone out there that has some money will back you for a % trust me on that ;)

tell you what, i wont steal no ideas, infact if you want, ill sign a waiver to a discription lay out of your idea..and i will try to help you start a business if you want.

i got another idea...will cost about 1-2mil but its a killer plan with a return of maybe 5000.00 per day.

should take but 2 years to gain all proceeds back and the rest is "89%" is mostly profit.

#35 ·
yeah sorry most of my ideas, "are my ideas" every now and then i have some killer ones. but like them all they take a ton of cash to get started and always makes tons of money when i am done, but this one WONT. muhahahaha
You mean like the house call based OB/GYN business called "At Your Cervix"? That ones mine.

#40 ·
Odysseys said:
trust me bro....if you got a solid plan...someone out there that has some money will back you for a % trust me on that ;)

tell you what, i wont steal no ideas, infact if you want, ill sign a waiver to a discription lay out of your idea..and i will try to help you start a business if you want.

i got another idea...will cost about 1-2mil but its a killer plan with a return of maybe 5000.00 per day.

should take but 2 years to gain all proceeds back and the rest is "89%" is mostly profit.
You know ken I might take you up on that for the opportunity to simply get ideas on how to move forward. you obviously are thinking a lot bigger than i am with your idea. I actually have a connection to a VC who actually started Einstein Bagels. Very Rich guy.

#42 ·
From what I remember, Einstein never did very well. Too easy to enter the bagle business...too much competetion. Yeh, they were hot in the beginning, but wound up selling out for dirt cheap to Noah Bagel. Then someone else came in and bought them again. Some cofee company.

The morale of the story is your idea has to be sustainable, especially when making some large upfront capital investments.

#49 ·
Ken, wanna sponsor me in a SCCA Formula Continental? Only $100K a year.:D:D (Thats what my old team owner spent a year on MY car alone). We had another F/F & F/C driver also and a Trans Am car in the team. Guessing around $400K a year this guy spent on the 3 of us racing. Come on Mr Money Bags. I was ALOT faster with 4 wheels than with 2. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.