Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Work BB Died - Just Got The iPhone 5

798 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  FiReBReTHa 
#1 ·
And gotta say, the 4G LTE on VZ is pretty damn fast - That and the Pano Cam pic option is pretty sweet too - Have Siri on the iPad 3 and upgraded the IOS on the personal 4 so not much is all that "New" to me but the screen is pretty vibrant and like the bigger screen too - Lighter and thinner than the 4 and have to say, the 5 is a HELLUVAH upgrade from the 4 and more so, the upgrade from carrying an old ass BB for work

If you are considering the 5, I give it a huge thumbs up - Love the phone and with the Good Client running, it is perfect for Enterprise Class Email - Nothing will ever function as good as a BES Server but this Good Client is a damn close 2nd

#5 ·
Yes, BES has YEARS of experience and the ability to do things from within your calendar meetings seems "limited" but I will take that over having NO INTERNET BROWSER at all on any BB any day - For me, adding Contacts to my list by saving them from an email is there - Scheduling meetings and sending invites is there - Having access to AD is there - Creating folders on the fly to save emails in is there so 99% of what I need is there - Just being able to click on the Conf Bridge from the calendar invite has to be scheduled JUST the right way to be able to click and dial in

#6 ·
BES is "Blackberry Enterprise Server" and it runs in parallel with MS Exchange for email, calendar, tasks and contacts

Good is essentially the same but newer to the game and designed to work for Android, IOS and Palm so they have some minor setbacks where BES was only developed to work with RIM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.