Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Brown County Mtn trip 2013

2K views 57 replies 10 participants last post by  Ohfugit 
#1 ·
Can we get another group to go to Brown County again? 2012 we did the trip in May the weekend of Mothers Day, do the same?

#6 ·
My mom wasn't to happy either

#8 ·
I'm a maybe.

#21 · (Edited)
if we do some carpooling, this could be perfect. Leave early as fuck, those that aren't driving can sleep. Ride for a half day, should be able to hit the whole fucking system plus some repeats. Leave, those that drove in the morning can sleep. This my friends, has potential

I'd blow off the crits on Saturday for some BC trails. The niner needs a shakedown run for wheels and drivetrain...

#22 ·
I may be able to pull off Saturday and have an open spot on my bike rack. LMK!

#24 ·
I really Shouldn't.....but I want to so I might!:lmao:

#29 ·
weather was perfect. Sun was out for much of the ride, hardly any wind on the trails. Trail conditions were awesome. No mud, if anything a little dry and dusty. Hit every trail in the park other than Schooner Trace. Did 30 miles of fast and flowy singletrack. Great day!

xx1 thoughts: its the real deal. I love this drivetain and it runs absolutely silent, no chain slap whatsoever. Shifts quick and clean. Never even used the biggest cog on the cassette, not sure if I used the smallest but never went looking for another gear that wasn't there, and I was moving fast as ever down some of the downhill sections and ripped Limekiln and Green Valley (pumptrack!) trails. Running a 34 tooth chainring, which is the max that will clear the chainstay. The extra clearance from the ground versus the 3 ring setup is nice too, less likely to strike on a tall rock or log crossing. I like the wider ratio cassette versus a typical 9 speed cassette, the greater variation between succcessive cog rings worked well for me. Bottom line, I think its a great drivetrain for midwest mountain biking and look forward to putting more miles on it. Very satisfied!

#30 ·
Yep! Great day! All I'll add is....no broken bones! L 😁😳

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.