Brians Buell PowerPoint

723 views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Jynxx 
#1 ·
#2 ·
:laughing I know. That was the oops:laughing :laughing

Thanks Jay!!!!:cheers

#5 ·
Underdog said:
Woot! I got an honorable mention! (Chicago Cycle Center Salesman).

You better plan on using me as a reference in your Bibliography!! :D

Good stuff man. Get a spell checker though!

LOL you'll be in the bibliography, and don't worry finishing touches aren't on it yet. Don't worry about the spelling:laughing

Jim, It would be too much work to put it in anything but PP now

#10 ·
drbub22 said:
Looks good. I didn't realize Buell's made more torque than the competition, or that they made that much hp.

It's a hypothetical new design sinking R&D $$$$ into their existing VR1000 race motor with the XB 12 frame.;)

We actually had to mock up numbers as far as what it would cost to develope the motor for street use and how much to spend on marketing. That will be the rest of the project.

#11 ·
hmmmmmmm......

Ok.... they will not get that motor to production without a mircale...

that much out put from1000cc or so a V twin will be the most unreliable hunk of over priced crap since... (what's the last bike harley put out???)

the styling mock isn't bad.

but until Harley get's thier, quality assurance and engineering, together...they will never win over Jap loyalists.... yeah the harley fans with a need for (moderate) speed will always be buying Beulls but I just don't see them taking sales from the japs in any near future.....

Also beulls short wheel base with a light and powerfull motor will be difficult to launch and realtively unstable...

In all likelyhood if Beull persues production of a true supersport competiter they will ultimatly end up creating a Jap clone with a cool frame concept.....

If Beull really wanted a piece of the Sprot bike pie they woudl dump those ridiculous motors.... and for all intensive purposes build a jap clone... with some nice plasitc work.... devlop a reputation for reliabilty and then they may ultimatly make some progress... it will likely be a long uphill battle... they have been anti-competing with the Japs and italians for so long.... an about face will not be fruit full for several seasons to come....

#12 ·
KennySS750 said:
hmmmmmmm......

Ok.... they will not get that motor to production without a mircale...

that much out put from1000cc or so a V twin will be the most unreliable hunk of over priced crap since... (what's the last bike harley put out???)

the styling mock isn't bad.

but until Harley get's thier, quality assurance and engineering, together...they will never win over Jap loyalists.... yeah the harley fans with a need for (moderate) speed will always be buying Beulls but I just don't see them taking sales from the japs in any near future.....

Also beulls short wheel base with a light and powerfull motor will be difficult to launch and realtively unstable...

In all likelyhood if Beull persues production of a true supersport competiter they will ultimatly end up creating a Jap clone with a cool frame concept.....

If Beull really wanted a piece of the Sprot bike pie they woudl dump those ridiculous motors.... and for all intensive purposes build a jap clone... with some nice plasitc work.... devlop a reputation for reliabilty and then they may ultimatly make some progress... it will likely be a long uphill battle... they have been anti-competing with the Japs and italians for so long.... an about face will not be fruit full for several seasons to come....
:laughing :laughing everybody takes this so seriously:rolleyes

#14 ·
the bike looks like an MV, ie me likes.

I have to agree with what was said in an earlier post. People buy buells to be different, they are not competing with the main stream market.

Why would somebody spend 12K on a 900SS ducati, for all practical purposes it's slower and not as reliable as a jap 1000, and it costs more. They do it to be different, and the buell crowd is the extreme end of this

just my .2 cents

#15 ·
clearwaterms said:
I have to agree with what was said in an earlier post. People buy buells to be different, they are not competing with the main stream market.

Exactly. I like sportbikes but they are getting quite boring. They all look the same nowadays with the exception of different stickers to seperate them.

But Buells....easily recognized and looks like no other.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.