Post up your bicycle pictures

63K views 946 replies 80 participants last post by  Pelantea 
#1 ·
Never saw a bike picture thread.

I will start with my new purchase.
2009 Specialized Rockhopper comp 29er

even has a pin up girl picture on the bottom :1pimp

#4 ·
dude.....I didn't even remember you sending that to my cousin for powder. Looks sweet man:bow

#11 · (Edited)
not exactly the greatest pics as it was raining and dark tonight

Some specs/ what I did to it past factory:
formula hubs laced to vuelta(i think) rims
f/r avid BB mech disc brakes
avid adjustalbe disc levers
cane creek Aheadset w/ cartridge bearings
duke 100mm travel fork, air spring oil damped
cateye cyclocomp
shimano M515 spd pedals

doesnt really hold a candle to chicago performance's rides, especially with its age now. ill probably break something as soon as i bring it out to knoch knolls:)

#16 ·
I got a few.....

The latest one, Look 986 hardtail racebike all pimped out:

Turner Flux 4" travel full suspension race bike:

Foes Fly 8" travel downhill bike for Whistler/North Shore trips:

Litespeed Sirius Alu/Carbon road bike:

Klein Palomino full suspension:

Trek Top Fuel 110 full suspension:

No pics of the other ones yet...

Trek 8700 beater/commuter
Cervelo TT bike (dreaming)

#17 ·
I got a few.....

The latest one, Look 986 hardtail racebike all pimped out:

Beautiful
I was watching one of these on ebay for the wife

it was a while ago.. so i cant find the auction.. it was just a frame, but the frame had won 2 world championships and qualified for the games.. it had raced in china, aussie, and ... i believe spain.. there were other places... that's how I heard of that brand for the first time.. pretty incredible stuff.. the amazing thing was the frame on ebay was small enough for her (45cm)
You could buy a nice motorcycle for the cost of just the frame of one of those things :1pimp

#22 ·
I think it went for 6
they stated retail was 10 when new... almost 12 now (look is small enough that their sale price appears to fluctuate with exchange rates.. or well.. they just sell the bike in euros... and its up to us to .. get screwed)

I figured it would go for less... sure it had a really cool history.. but it was so small nobody over 5'0 could ride it :)

Wifey is 5'0... but she can't ride for a while... So we are holding off till next season to get her a new road bike

#24 ·
bump...I know we got more out there.

#27 ·
My Stable

2009 Schwinn Cutter SS. Cheap-o beater.

1995 Specialized Stumpjumper frame with lots of crappy components. This bike is held together with bubblegum and prayer.

2007 Cannondale Optimo 3 Cyclocross. My main ride. Use it mostly on the Prairie Path but occasionally do weekend charity rides. Need to get a set of skinnies for the road.

#33 · (Edited)

I cant remember for sure but i think its an 03, I cracked the frame on the bike prior to this one, raliegh warrantied it and gave me this frame with a component transfer from the old bike. I added in the avid disc brakes adn disc levers as well as the duke 100mm air fork as well as the shimano spd pedals and xtr cassette, its all years old now adn could use some attention, but it still works pretty much without a hiccup, I used to ride a ton in busse woods forest preserve and up at school in platteville Wi but have been really only been doing the paved path the past few years, I wanna get back on the dirt but no one I used to ride with goes anymore

#35 ·
I know it's old (mid 90's) but I still like it. It's been in the basement for a few years until this last winter. Sqrly helped me get it back in shape. I'll probably be doing more mtb riding this year with $ being low.
[/URL][/IMG]

#36 ·
Here is some of my stable, most of the rest that I have are classic balloon tire bikes.

Bianchi, Cyclo-cross.

Bianchi, Martini XC
Set up as a 1x8 drivetrain.

Redline, Single speed

DK, General Lee (Not the shit one they sell now days)

My favorite bike.
Gary Fisher, Hoo Koo E Koo

My custom brakes to fit the sno-cat rim.

This thing will keep you peddaling so you dont have to hear it freewheel.

The Schwinn chopper I made when I was 15.
The down tube was cut out and replaced with one frome a 24" Schwinn.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.