Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

No more DMG

3K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  BFLY 
#1 ·
#3 ·
So what does that REALLY mean for the Series and Fans? - I have not watched AMA since Spies left....

#4 ·
I guess no one knows yet but, at least you have motorcycle guys running the series. Maybe the manufacturers will get back in. It will be interesting to see how the Dorna relationship plays out. Maybe with Dorna they will have the same rules as WSBK and then US riders can participate in the US WSBK round.

#5 · (Edited)
It means a lot! Motorcycle people are now back in control of American road racing. A couple of changes you'll see right off are that the rules and classes will be in line with what's happening in the rest of the world which should bring the factories back. It will be a whole new series so some tracks will return, some new venues will become part of the series and with FIM co- sanction there is the possibility of Canadian and Mexican rounds like Supercross visits Canada.
Another very significant thing that this does is it opens the door for a rules consistant and stable national amateur racing program with a clear and smooth path for talented young riders to develope and proceed from amateur racing through to the highest levels of pro racing.
This has been in the works for some time and I've had to be completely mum about it but I can tell you it's very exciting...I wish I was 40 years younger so I could embark on a road racing career in what is going to prove to be a great time for American motorcycle road racing.
I have to say that AMA CEO Rob Dingman worked very hard to pull this together and make it happen and I'm proud of him and admire him for all he put into this. He takes a lot of heat in his position but this is one time he deserves praise...IMHO The time will come when this will be looked at as the day motorcycle road racing got back on track and put American racing & riders back as the best in the world!

#6 ·
Exactly ..... Global alignment on what a "Superbike" is ..... Think Daytona of years past
And an actual opportunity to run AMA spec bikes in WSBK rounds and visa versa.

The DMG Superbikes have been badly detuned in the past years .... Meaning a DMG bike was not competitive Ina WSBK round..... And a WSBK bike could not be run in AMA making
It impossible or very expensive to do either.

It also will develop AMA riders to the right level to jump to WSBK.

Good all around ....especially if they do the same thing with Supersport 600's.

Tom

#7 ·
Dont have cable so I dont really follow any sportbike racing. Only vaugly follow F1 anymore even though I have a F1 app on my phone.

Maybe with the new ownership, there will be more riders in the sport and thus more general population interest?

Wish the new owners the best of luck with redoing this league.

#9 ·
I think you can rest assured that KRAVE is already on the case!

#13 ·
A TV deal is all but done with the CBS Sports Network. Some of the details are still in the air like will they do live or same day tape and such but, the agreement between KRAVE and CBS has been announced according to the web site Ride Apart.
There will also be coverage on a new web network called Torque TV that will begin operation in March. Ride Apart expects that that coverage will be limited and may not include much video because of the CBS deal.........Pro Road Racing is already starting to sound more professional!

#15 ·
True motorcyclest are a strange bunch, but the best folks ever all BS 2 wheels is the little mans sport and anyone can do it if they have the will. The best thing that has ever happened to me has been through motorcycling.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.