Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

We need a team for Muddy Buddy

543 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  jimzx9r 
#1 ·
See web site for more details..

Muddy Buddy Newsletter
Dear Athletes:
Welcome to the 2004 Muddy Buddy! The countdown is on to our second event in Richmond, virginia on Jul 18. Registration for all of the events is already beginning to fill quickly, so be sure to sign up early! We expect this to be the biggest year yet for the Muddy Buddy Ride and Run Series, and can’t wait to see you out there getting dirty.

2004 Schedule June 27 - Boston Ma: Freetown State Forest Click here for complete Results
July 18 - Richmond, VA: Pocahontas State Park REGISTER NOW!
August 15 - Los Angeles, CA: Bonelli Regional Park REGISTER NOW!
August 22 - Denver, CO: Boulder Reservoir REGISTER NOW!
September 12 - Chicago, IL: Indian Hills Farm REGISTER NOW!
October 3 - Austin, TX: Flat Creek Crossing REGISTER NOW!
October 24 - San Jose, CA: Grant County Park REGISTER NOW!

Event Description
Each race features a 6-7 mile course and 5 obstacles. At the start of the race, one team member will run and one will ride the bike. At the first obstacle, the rider will drop the bike, complete the obstacle, and begin running. The runner will arrive and complete the obstacle, then find their bike and begin riding. Teams will continue trading off and leapfrogging each other through the entire course. At the end of the race, racers will find the infamous Mud Pit, and after conquering the slimy pit, will cross the finish line together!

New for 2004
Next Stop, Richmond Virginia:Our first event in Boston was a great success, and we're looking forward to our next stop in Richmond, VA on July 18.
The National Geographic Kids Mini Muddy Buddy: Bring your children and let them get in on the muddy action. The National Geographic Kids Mini Muddy Buddy offers a chance for the little ones to get muddier than they ever have before! The race will offer a short obstacle course before the kids enter the mud pit! Kids will have a chance to come play in the mud with their friends, just like their parents in the race.
Signups will be available on-site on race day. The Mini Muddy Buddy is for kids 12 and under. All participants will receive their own National Geographic Kids Mini Muddy Buddy t-shirt and custom finisher medal, and signups are FREE! So be sure to bring your little racers for a chance to Get Dirty!
New for 2004:This year, we're introducing a brand-new Mystery Obstacle. Head out to the next event to find out what we're doing to give you and your buddy the most unforgettable challenge yet!

Weekend Festivities
The weekend festivities include a festival type atmosphere with sponsor booths, food, and other activities including the Redhook Beer Garden, which will provide free beer for all participants. Great prizes will be raffled off at the end of the awards ceremony including a 2004 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Anniversary Mountain Bike, a $3800 retail value!
In some cities, there will be a Saturday night party held with specials on food and Redhook beer, and prizes offered from Muddy Buddy and various sponsors. Check out www.muddybuddy.com for information on events in your city!

Special Offer brought to you by Brooks Sports
Brooks Sports is proud to be part of the 2004 Muddy Buddy Ride & Run Series! Inspired by enthusiasts like you, we design top of the line technical gear to make your activity more enjoyable and efficient. New this summer,we took our hottest shoe and made it trail specific - the Adrenaline ASR- perfect for your Muddy Buddy ride and run! The Adrenaline ASR hits stores July 1st.
Go to www.brooksrunning.com for the dealer nearest you and stop in to try on the latest and greatest in Brooks gear! For more information on the series or to register for an event, visit www.muddybuddy.com

Refer A Friend
Want to share all the Muddy Buddy news and offers with someone else? Send an HTML version of this message to a friend.

See less See more
G
#5 ·
I just checked the Chicago event info...Cool! Indian Hills is where ours will be...I grew up just a mile away from there...My Ex used to race mountain bikes there. I'm sure my ankle will be perfect and I'll be ready to rock! :rockin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.