Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

I Crashed!!!!!!!!

645 views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  bravo6 
#1 · (Edited)
My cousin Tony and I decide to make the trip to Mid America which is in Iowa, well so they say. Its actually 20 minutes south of OMAHA Nebraska! Neither one of us had ever been there. Practise went good but I knew I was slow. Its difficult to judge the corners at this track. Whats weird is that you can't see the exits of the turns til your in the turn. The first race of the day is GTU (600cc endurance). I'm still not use to the track. My cousin and I are at the back of the pack. Half way though the race he stepped it up. My learning curve is a slower than most. White flag comes out and I decide its time to step it up. Well, lets just say that on the last lap of an endurance race when your on 3 weekend old tires is not the time to step it up. I went a little hot into an S-turn. Lost the front end, slid, hit the mud and then started tumbling. Being a slow side into some mud I though the bike would be ok. NO such luck. Bent forks, crashed gas tank, missing brake resiover, bent clip ons, broken rear brake lever, bent exhaust bracket, crashed muffler, broken wind screen, torn aprt upper fairing, ETC. Stay tuned for PICTURES!!

Jeff

#6 ·
Sorry to hear bud.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.