Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Don Wade & Roma: Quits?

707 views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Pirate 
G
#1 ·
Mancow said this morning that it's not widely publicized, but Don Wade & Roma are quitting their show on WLS. :confused Did anyone else hear anything like this? I e-mailed Don and Roma through the WLS site and haven't heard anything as of yet... :confused

G
#6 ·
Hmmm....that's funny, seeing as no one posted in your mopar nationals thread but ME. So we wanna talk about not caring? :twofinger

:rofl

And Mancow said that it's on the QT...so no one would know. I know Roma's PISSED about Gary Meier (sp?)... so it could have something to do with station management at WLS...I predict it's gonna go all syndicated (Rush, Hannity, Kim Commado, Moneytalk...). They keep angering local talent like this...

#8 ·
God I SO hope that those two are finally gone. There is truth to the rumors, though. They're currently in contract negotiations according to Rob feder's column. They apparantly want hundreds of thousands of dollars more for their brilliant act.

What a stale, LAME-ASS, predicatable morning show that was! Unlistenable- basically a clearing house for commercials...unless you're a 60-something conservative rube that hasn't a clue and just leaves the dial there out of habit.

Long over due for a change in that time slot, and anyone else would be an improvement.

#10 ·
Sandman said:
What a stale, LAME-ASS, predicatable morning show that was! Unlistenable- basically a clearing house for commercials...unless you're a 60-something conservative rube that hasn't a clue and just leaves the dial there out of habit.
don't hold back-tell us how you really feel.:D

please explain above quote--why so hostile:confused

G
#11 ·
Ahhh...Feder's column. That's what I was trying to find! :doh I STILL haven't seen any info on this, but these last couple weeks, Jake Hartford and Deborah Norville (sp?) have been "filling in."

I totally understand where you're coming from Sandman, but I do like the show. I think they could do a little less "fluff", don't get me wrong, but I do enjoy their discussion of current events and politics. ;) Don is quite whimsical and sometimes caustically opinionated (I like that) and Roma is a very kind-hearted and opinionated person...my uncle, a doctor, met her when she was hospitalized and said she is every bit as geniune and kind in person.

#12 ·
I met them on the street once in the loop. We were going into the same restaurant. They both seemed like very nice people. They laughed and joked like regular folks. Their son is one of the Blue Angels. They must have done something right.:D :cheers

AND, what's wrong with listening to "older" people anyway.:p :laughing ;)

#13 ·
OK...I'm very open minded, and in fact listen to at least 5-6 very different shows in the morning- switching stations when one goes into 15 minutes of solid commercials. Ever wake up before your alarm goes off, and listen to the radio half asleep? When I do and hear the Don and Roma schtick, what I hear sometimes really annoys me and I have to switch stations immediately.

I find Don Wade much more than just "opionated"- his patronizing put downs, and total lack of respect for his wife's point of view (or any caller who disagrees with him), makes my skin crawl. He comes off as an extremely chauvinistic, closed minded, right wing republican, NRA I-love-my-guns, kill-all-the-commies-and-hippies jerk. It seeems to come naturally with him, and there is no other side allowed to his views.

His wife on the other hand, is genuine, I agree. GENUINELY FLAKEY!
With her laughable "little red book readings", her goofy new-age spirituality, belief in crystals and other-worldly unexplained happenings, off the wall diet and food philosophy, she comes off as less than in touch with reality.

For many years, part of their "act" was to deny they were even married to eachother, to leave doubts in the radio listener. Don Wade was quoted as saying it was his idea, so male isteners would fantasize about Roma, and female listeners would fantasize about Don. How honest was that as a basis of a radio partnership?

Time to put a fork in their early 80's era act...it's done! Put someone new on! :bs

#14 ·
Sandman said:
OK...I'm very open minded, and in fact listen to at least 5-6 very different shows in the morning- switching stations when one goes into 15 minutes of solid commercials. Ever wake up before your alarm goes off, and listen to the radio half asleep? When I do and hear the Don and Roma schtick, what I hear sometimes really annoys me and I have to switch stations immediately.

I find Don Wade much more than just "opionated"- his patronizing put downs, and total lack of respect for his wife's point of view (or any caller who disagrees with him), makes my skin crawl. He comes off as an extremely chauvinistic, closed minded, right wing republican, NRA I-love-my-guns, kill-all-the-commies-and-hippies jerk. It seeems to come naturally with him, and there is no other side allowed to his views.

With her laughable "little red book readings", her goofy new-age spirituality, belief in crystals and other-worldly unexplained happenings, off the wall diet and food philosophy, she comes off as less than in touch with reality.

For many years, part of their "act" was to deny they were even married to eachother, to leave doubts in the radio listener. Don Wade was quoted as saying it was his idea, so male isteners would fantasize about Roma, and female listeners would fantasize about Don. How honest was that as a basis of a radio partnership?

Time to put a fork in their early 80's era act...it's done! Put someone new on! :bs

:rofl

Who's the opinionated one??? :laughing

#17 ·
Slowass said:
Mancow said this morning that it's not widely publicized, but Don Wade & Roma are quitting their show on WLS. :confused Did anyone else hear anything like this? I e-mailed Don and Roma through the WLS site and haven't heard anything as of yet... :confused
That's fine with me.

They are the weak link over at WLS. I love listening to Rush, Roe, Jay, and even Bob Brinker, but Don and Roma just irritate the hell out me.

#18 ·
Sandman said:

I am glad you "very openminded" :cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.