Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

IPass

1K views 40 replies 16 participants last post by  kody7k 
G
#1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone has any more info about the whole IPass thing. Being that I'm from Indiana and being that I try to attend as many CLSB events as I can (and being that those are ALWAYS in IL, grr... :) ), I spend quite a bit of time on 90 & 294, and digging for change in your leathers with people behind you honking isn't all that fun. So anyone use one of these on a bike? Where can I get one?

And how do you pay for them? Is it like a 'pre-pay' system, or do you get a monthly IPass bill or something? :)

#2 ·
its pre-pay.. you can pick them up at any Jewel Store.. its a $10 depoist and they useally want $40 put on it.. and then it auto charges your CC another $40 when your balance gets to $10.00.

i use it on the bike all the time.

#7 ·
Also if you happen to forget it, they will just run your plate# and charge your acct accordingly.

I never carry the I-Pass on my bike i just let them run my plate :evil

#8 ·
demonbane said:
What about mounting it? I'm looking at the site and they show lots of car mounting instructions. If I'm on the bike can I just stick it in my pocket?
windshiled on the bike is the best place.. if its in your pocket you will have to pull it out everytime you go thru the toll...

#9 ·
Comes with 3M velcro pads. You can order additional velcros from that website above for free. I put it on my bikes windshield.

Not sure about the pocket thing. It better not have any sorts of things blocking the thing. I guess it's a weak signal transponder, so putting it in your pocket may prevent it from working?

#10 ·
CHeYeNNe said:
Also if you happen to forget it, they will just run your plate# and charge your acct accordingly.

I never carry the I-Pass on my bike i just let them run my plate :evil
yeah well you would have to have your car/bike/truck/trailer for that too work.. plus when i got my ipass a while back i had like 9 cars.. and there wasn't enough space on the form for all of them :)

#11 ·
I always have it in my car, just never on the bike..To much pain in the ass. Plus it won't stick to my windshield, double bubble has no flat spot big enough.

P.S. Make em work for the damn money anyways :evil

#14 ·
RevMatch1 said:
For example, this is what you see online:

Transactions
Date / Time Type Class Amount Location Plaza ID
08/25/04 06:52 PM toll 1 $0.50 ARMY TRAIL lane 9 73
08/25/04 08:47 PM sucked a big d*ck 1 $0.50 ARMY TRAIL lane 9
08/25/04 10:02 PM toll 1 $0.50 ARMY TRAIL lane 11 73

SUBTOTAL $1.00
What!???

#20 ·
Ordering it online is really quick. I ordered one on Friday and I got it in the mail yesterday.

I think I'll just do what Cheyenne suggested, and just keep the Ipass in my gf's car. My 10R is registered with Ipass. How does this work if the Ipass lane doesn't get a signal from the transponder? Do I get sent a bill or what?

#22 ·
Chills said:
Do I get sent a bill or what?

They'll send you a letter when you get about ten of them. You just have to check the back of the letter saying you have Ipass and put your account number on there and they'll charge you account. :thumbsup

#23 ·
JoJo said:
They'll send you a letter when you get about ten of them. You just have to check the back of the letter saying you have Ipass and put your account number on there and they'll charge you account. :thumbsup
Ah, sweet. That's easy. Thanks, JoJo.

#24 ·
I've NEVER gotten a bill from them about my I-Pass. Aslong as your name/license is registered they just take it from your acct.

I have NEVER carried my pass on the bike and they have ALWAYS taken there share from my acct. :D

#25 ·
CHeYeNNe said:
I've NEVER gotten a bill from them about my I-Pass. Aslong as your name/license is registered they just take it from your acct.

I have NEVER carried my pass on the bike and they have ALWAYS taken there share from my acct. :D
must be cause I ride a Suzuki :flip :twofinger

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.