Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

IPass

1K views 40 replies 16 participants last post by  kody7k 
G
#1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone has any more info about the whole IPass thing. Being that I'm from Indiana and being that I try to attend as many CLSB events as I can (and being that those are ALWAYS in IL, grr... :) ), I spend quite a bit of time on 90 & 294, and digging for change in your leathers with people behind you honking isn't all that fun. So anyone use one of these on a bike? Where can I get one?

And how do you pay for them? Is it like a 'pre-pay' system, or do you get a monthly IPass bill or something? :)

#28 ·
?, when u check your account with Ipass they give u time and the date right? so u can run that route and see how well u did compared to the other runs? nice, thank you I pass, racing on the highway made easy, dont race against the other bike, race against the ipass timer and then compare with others, i have to say sweet, maybe i should get one of those, just for that, but i bet popo get to see those numbers too, and its a matter of time before they start to send u a notice that they billed your IPass for a speeding ticket, buhahah

#29 ·
CHeYeNNe said:
Also if you happen to forget it, they will just run your plate# and charge your acct accordingly.

I never carry the I-Pass on my bike i just let them run my plate :evil

That's incorrect information. I have 1 ipass unit for my car and bike. If I don't have the ipass in my car or on the bike when i go through the toll, they'll send me a notice of toll violation with a picture of the back of the bike or car showing my license plate numbers. If you get a notice you'll have to call them with your ipass acct number and they'll let you pay the tolls by credit card. If you don't have an ipass, you'll have to pay $20 for each violation. I have both notices to prove it. That whole system needs to updated. The system itself doesn't run a search in it's database to see if your an ipass holder. Talk about bad planning/programming.

#30 ·
BlueSv said:
?, when u check your account with Ipass they give u time and the date right? so u can run that route and see how well u did compared to the other runs? nice, thank you I pass, racing on the highway made easy, dont race against the other bike, race against the ipass timer and then compare with others, i have to say sweet, maybe i should get one of those, just for that, but i bet popo get to see those numbers too, and its a matter of time before they start to send u a notice that they billed your IPass for a speeding ticket, buhahah
I think they already do that in certain states.

#31 · (Edited)
yeah, too bad in IL it would mean every Ipass user would get one for speeding cause nobody does 55 around here, even in the workzone where its 45 u go above that, talking about deficit in the budget, I hope Blag doesnt get any ideas about implementing that one, otherwise highways will be empty,or everybody will abandon those pesky Ipasses, and I heard that Ipass info was used by the ex-wife now in court to show that the husband had an affair, so I dont know about it

#32 ·
crash11 said:
That's incorrect information. I have 1 ipass unit for my car and bike. If I don't have the ipass in my car or on the bike when i go through the toll, they'll send me a notice of toll violation with a picture of the back of the bike or car showing my license plate numbers. If you get a notice you'll have to call them with your ipass acct number and they'll let you pay the tolls by credit card. If you don't have an ipass, you'll have to pay $20 for each violation. I have both notices to prove it. That whole system needs to updated. The system itself doesn't run a search in it's database to see if your an ipass holder. Talk about bad planning/programming.

They just don't like you :flip

I never run with the pass on my bike and have never gotten any sort of notice. I've even ran in my ex's car and forgot the pass in my car and never got a notice and her plate # was registered on my acct.

I guess it just depends on the day/time..way the sun is coming in with a mild temp change to snow with possible rain in the forecast. :confused :laughing

#33 ·
CHeYeNNe said:
They just don't like you :flip

I never run with the pass on my bike and have never gotten any sort of notice. I've even ran in my ex's car and forgot the pass in my car and never got a notice and her plate # was registered on my acct.

I guess it just depends on the day/time..way the sun is coming in with a mild temp change to snow with possible rain in the forecast. :confused :laughing

That just proves how f**ked up the system is. How long have you had your ipass?

#36 ·
SouthSideTT said:
I heard that they are going to charge people double that do not have I-pass to incorage people to get one. And the article also said, that I-pass will not be used to track vehicle speeding.
You heard correct, it's going up to $.80 for non-ipass holders. They'll start tracking your speed once they need more money. It's all a question of when they'll start.

#39 ·
RevMatch1 said:
I just noticed my fricken iPass ain't working. I have it mounted vertically in my bike's windshield, gone through 4 tolls already (at 30 mph), nothing shows up online ... WTF? :confused
:laughing Well I guess you'll be getting a notice of toll violation in the mail very soon also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.