Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Tape for lights and lenses.

532 views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  YZFRob 
#1 ·
were do you people get the colored tape for your lenses when doing a track day?

all i have is the regular blue masking tape.. and it looks ugly on my yellow bike..

#4 · (Edited)
MoparBoyy said:
yeah?! doesn't leave a resadue?
If it does , you can use Honda Polish to take off the residue. I used sticky tape last time, and no residue was left behind when I pealed it off. :thumbsup

#7 ·
lovebothkats said:
Blue Painters tape, it's cheap and comes off really easy no residue or anything just peels right off. Can be found at any hardware store
But it looks ugly on yellow, Dave! Must look good for pictures, that's the whole point! :p

#20 ·
I used painter's tape, then duct tape over it. Made removing it easy. Unplug the lights so you don't fry everything onto the lens.

Rob, these folks want to look good for the pictures that they will be taking. And a street bike with tape over the lens on the track is better than a track bike in the garage.

-Chris

#21 ·
Grover said:
I used painter's tape, then duct tape over it. Made removing it easy. Unplug the lights so you don't fry everything onto the lens.

Rob, these folks want to look good for the pictures that they will be taking. And a street bike with tape over the lens on the track is better than a track bike in the garage.

-Chris

Uh, I'm giving them shit.:twofinger :twofinger :twofinger

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.