Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

S.S. Chicago Hangout Spot - Question

639 views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  BroBill 
#1 ·
Stony Island Ave and (I’m not going to name the cross streets for obvious reasons) but it’s on the south side of the city.

Does anyone know if this is still a happening late night spot? It used to be a wild scene but I haven’t checked it out this year. I know the cops seemed pretty lenient with the bikers down there.

#6 ·
Haven't been out there at all this year. Last few times I was there last year we spent more time moving around to the next spot when the cops came than we did doing anything else. It's still usually fun to go down there anyways. One time last year the cops turned on the fire hydrant in front of the fruit market so instead of racing it just turned into a burnout contest :laughing .Hmm... I think I'm gonna take a ride out there this weekend :D .

-Ryan

#7 ·
97Fizzer600 said:
One time last year the cops turned on the fire hydrant in front of the fruit market so instead of racing it just turned into a burnout contest :laughing
Haha.. they used to do that all the time when I was down there. Anyway, I stopped going when I watched someone's head get shoved through a store window. Uhm yeah, that's no fun. :)

#8 ·
Well, I been out there a few time this year and it is a hit or miss. The burger spot is a meeting place some times. but I hear the water is the place to go sometimes. The other hangout spot is on the Westside a few blocks north of 290.

Most times during the day if you go where they line up for the toys for tots, look in the park.:D

It seems like this year there are not to many hangouts to speak of.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.