Busa 10 17.86%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 11:14 AM Thread Starter

Sportbike: 2008 GSX-R 1000
Years Riding: 5 years
How you found us: 600rr.net

New Bike? Clsb Help Me Out

well i bought my 01 f4i in oct of 04 with 1200 miles on it 23485 miles later ive decided i want a new bike, im lookn at a newer 1000 or possibly busa. as far as my riding experience my f4i is my first and only bike, and i rode my friends wifes 04 r1 a good portion of the 06 season and feel im ready to step up.

04-05 1000rr, i love hondas and and honda reliability and thats what draws me to the 1000rr, my only concern is after seeing how expensive replacement parts are for my f4i i fear the 1000rr will be the same, its seems to the heaviest and slowest of the 1000's as well, and being 6'2 250, i want more power.. lol (but i do realize all the 1000's are hell of alot faster than my 600)

04-06 R1 Love the styling think its one of the most beautiful bikes out there , not sure about their reliability love the ease to take the fairings on n off, love the price of replacement fairings as well... fun to ride, like the design of the undertail exhaust but not digging the prices to put a new one.. eek.

05-06 Gsxr 1000 love the way the bike looks, seems to be the most powerful in the group, the biggest aftermarket parts available by far, like the idea of the shorty gp style exhaust made by m4, cheapest of the bunch as well, had a few friends with them dont seem to have any reliability issues..

Busa not a fan of the analog gauges, but love the comfort and straightline power, ill miss the agility of my f4i in turns but not that big of deal to me, i love to wheelie but that tends to get me into trouble so this would be a logical choice with an arm n lowering link, obviously tons of aftermarket, but being im 23 im not sure how much more in insurance the extra 298cc's is going to cost me..

haha that being said what are some opinions from you guys, the one thing i love about this site its not nearly as biased as say gsxr.com or the r1/1000rr forums. thanks ahead of time guys!

Last edited by Tommytom83; 02-03-2007 at 11:17 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 11:49 AM
Bop your way home...

Sportbike: Hypermotard
Years Riding: since 99'
How you found us: Googled "bullshit artists"

gsxr

-Alan-
Balancing the Paradox
of Art and Profit
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 11:52 AM
Fear is the mind killer

Sportbike: 05 GSXR 600, 03 RM 250
Years Riding: Thousands of miles, multiple engines
How you found us: www.gsxr.com

Yamaha R1, I fricken love the 05 R1 in black

Xbox Live GOW Killer
Handle : ChiefBDR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegger View Post
"Ride it like you have 30 monthly remaining payments" should keep most people out of trouble.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 11:57 AM
Slow Old Guy.

Sportbike: Inline Two Wheeled
Years Riding: Since the beginning of time
How you found us: Dan Ortega sent me

If you like to wheelie... I have a gorgeous 12R I might sell! Tons of power, and it still has the torque of a much smaller bike, tons of fun.

If not, then I have 2 GSXR-1000s, I love them and couldn't recommend a more fun bike on the street, other than my 12R, which I like much better on the street.

Just my .02

===========
Great Quote - One would think that the Secret Service was smart enough to get serviced secretly.

MotoVid hasbeen
NESBA hasbeen

CCS neverbeen
WERA neverbeen
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 12:11 PM
AKA..... Dan

Sportbike: '06 CBR1000RR
Years Riding: Just a nOob
How you found us: Google...duh

Send a message via Yahoo to ChgoRRGuy
All are good choices, and very similar. Go sit on each of them and see what fits your body the best. Gixxers have comfy seats compared to the hard seat of the Hondas for instance. Don't worry about what might have 5 hp more, just worry about what fits your body and what YOU like!!!

That is all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentalero View Post
First rule of DT Krew is never talk about DT Krew
NESBA #79
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 12:15 PM
Woo Woo

Sportbike: None for now
Years Riding: 6
How you found us: friend

Send a message via AIM to ZoomByU
gixxer can't go wrong

"There are no men more ignoble or more foolish, no men whose actions are fraught with greater possibility of mischief to their country and to mankind, than those who exalt unrighteous peace as better than righteous war." - Theodore Roosevelt
"I will bleed on the flag to keep the stripes red!"
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 12:22 PM
Enjoying Life!!

Sportbike: 09 Night Rod Black Denim
Years Riding: Not Long Enuff!!!!
How you found us: Friends

I hate to say this, BUT I would also look at the ZX10R. I personally would go between the ZX10 and Gixxer, but if turns don't matter BUSA BABY!!!

I just did some sitting on new bikes as I'm also in the process of buying and I gotta say the 1000RR is heavy and noticeable compared to the others except the busa.

I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later!!
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 12:24 PM
Slow Old Guy.

You can sit on them all in a couple of weeks at the IMS show.

Rumor has it, they are coming to Chicago this year!

===========
Great Quote - One would think that the Secret Service was smart enough to get serviced secretly.

MotoVid hasbeen
NESBA hasbeen

CCS neverbeen
WERA neverbeen
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 12:27 PM
Enjoying Life!!

not the 04-05's

Yea go to CHicagoCycle and sit on them all if they have in stock. Talk to Fred if your interested in buying there. No One Else!!

I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later!!
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

thanks for all the replies so quickly guys your making my work day go by a lot quicker, i was leaning towards the gsx-r anyways, im just such a honda freak im scared to go to another brand, ive had 2 turbo honda civics, honda crv both my parents drive them and my cbr and i sold them for 2 years.. so guess my next questions those of you with gsxr's how has your reliability been thus far? are the fairing bolts like the ones on the r1's where they are like 1/4 turn quick release? and how is m4 as an exhaust manufacturer?

post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 12:58 PM
Enjoying Life!!

I would have to say with any manufacture now days reliability is there.

M4 is a great exhaust.

Don't know about the fairing bolts.

post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 01:09 PM
VTwin FTW!

Sportbike: 2013 Ducati Diavel Cromo
Years Riding: 20
How you found us: Friend

For all around use, except track days, the Busa (or even Wink's 12R) are one of the best all around street bikes available IMO, but harder to wheelie.

80+% street 20% track- CBR1000RR

If your track days are going to be 40+% of your riding, then one of the other bikes would be better as they are more designed for the race track.

OR, if you want something different, exotic, and with a growl that only a big VTwin can give, buy an Aprilia RSVR!!!!

Mike

"Life is all about ass ... either you are covering it, kicking it, kissing it, sitting on it or trying to get it."
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 02:05 PM
Ride Red, DO WORK SON!!

Sportbike: Rockets & Harleys
Years Riding: Me love you long time
How you found us: CLSB DECAL

Ride Red....... That is all!!

***Ashwin RIP Brotha you will be missed***

www.dcdecals.net www.firespeed.com

Life's Journey Is Not To Arrive At The Grave Safely In A Well Preserved Body, But Rather To Skid In Sideways, Totally Worn Out, Shouting "HOLY SHIT... What A Ride!"

All you have to do is follow three simple rules. One, never under estimate your opponent (mentality). Expect the unexpected (could work out in your favor). Two, take it outside(or to a table). Never start anything inside the Bar unless it's absolutely necessary. And three, be nice.

Turning Shit into Sugar!!
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 05:12 PM
Slow Old Guy.

I gotta go with what Mike (ChicagoFactory) is saying. If you are gonna ride street, the Busa for that fast and cadillac feel, or the 12R for that torquey wheelie feeling are far better bikes on the street than the GSXRs. That is from a comfort factor. Neither of which are meant for the track, but are great GO FAST bikes. 12R much more wheelie style, Busa better launch since it is a heavier, longer bike.

How tall are you is another consideration. If you are gonna street the ehck out of this thing, get something a little more "cruisable" than a GSXR.

If you are gonna track, the GSXR is the bike to have. As far as reliabiliy, I put 10,000 track miles on 05 GSXR-1000 last year, with ZERO perfomance issues or break downs. (I did catch a rock in the radiator, but that is not a reliability issue).

Any of the top bikes these days ARE top bikes. Go to the IMS, sit on them, and ask around as far as which ones are great on the highway. I LOVE my 12R, but if I was gonna do 300 mile cruises every weekend... fuggedaboutit!

===========

MotoVid hasbeen
NESBA hasbeen

CCS neverbeen
WERA neverbeen
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 08:30 PM
Just for the smell of it!

Sportbike: GSXR 1000 06
Years Riding: Since 88'
How you found us: Thanks Odyssesy and Wink

Gixxers rule tons of parts out there for them and haven't broke one of mine or Wink's yet.

Nesba, Midwest Control Rider
retired CCS #141
retired AMA #151
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 08:32 PM
Ride Red, DO WORK SON!!

Sportbike: Rockets & Harleys
Years Riding: Me love you long time
How you found us: CLSB DECAL

If ya get a Gixxer, Make sure you get a Blue & White one....

***Ashwin RIP Brotha you will be missed***

www.dcdecals.net www.firespeed.com

Life's Journey Is Not To Arrive At The Grave Safely In A Well Preserved Body, But Rather To Skid In Sideways, Totally Worn Out, Shouting "HOLY SHIT... What A Ride!"

All you have to do is follow three simple rules. One, never under estimate your opponent (mentality). Expect the unexpected (could work out in your favor). Two, take it outside(or to a table). Never start anything inside the Bar unless it's absolutely necessary. And three, be nice.

Turning Shit into Sugar!!
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 08:33 PM
[Online]

Sportbike: Multistrada 1100S; CBR600RR
Years Riding: Since 2004
How you found us: CRR

Busa is a great bike. If you plan on doing longer trips, it's probably more comfortable than the rest of the bunch. It is heavier, but it's very easy to ride.

- Stas

Thou shalt not disfigure the soul.
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 08:54 PM
Fear is the mind killer

Sportbike: 05 GSXR 600, 03 RM 250
Years Riding: Thousands of miles, multiple engines
How you found us: www.gsxr.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommytom83 View Post
thanks for all the replies so quickly guys your making my work day go by a lot quicker, i was leaning towards the gsx-r anyways, im just such a honda freak im scared to go to another brand, ive had 2 turbo honda civics, honda crv both my parents drive them and my cbr and i sold them for 2 years.. so guess my next questions those of you with gsxr's how has your reliability been thus far? are the fairing bolts like the ones on the r1's where they are like 1/4 turn quick release? and how is m4 as an exhaust manufacturer?
I still haven't broke my gixxer, got 33k miles on her and she is still running strong

Xbox Live GOW Killer
Handle : ChiefBDR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegger View Post
"Ride it like you have 30 monthly remaining payments" should keep most people out of trouble.
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-04-2007, 08:29 AM

Sportbike: Kawi ZX-10R
Years Riding: Since February 2012
How you found us: NESBA bbs

Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
Sit on all of them and see which one you like best. Everyone's opinion here will be different, so you have to decide which you like best.

When it comes to performance, reliability, and finding parts all of the bikes you mentioned are pretty equal.

Never a bad time to climb... unless the weather is really horrible, and then you climb inside!

I bleed GREEN
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-04-2007, 10:19 AM
Bug
Ridiculously Good Looking

Sportbike: Sportbike?
Years Riding: No F'in Idea
How you found us: 4 & 6

Whats all this "Busa's can't wheelie" crap? - Hell, I got no prob lifting the front in 1 and 2 and gotta clutch it up in 3 but when its up, its up

As all have seen me type before, Buy a Busa!!!!!!!!

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW, what a RIDE !!"
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-04-2007, 10:37 AM
Slow Old Guy.

I didn't see anyone say Busa's can't wheelie. I will state that a 12R is significantly more likely to wheelie in a more torquey fashion due to the HP/weight/length issues.

For what he wants, it does sound like the Busa is a better bike for him. The 12R is NOT a comfortable bike on a long ride, but it sure is a heck of a lot of fun!

===========

MotoVid hasbeen
NESBA hasbeen

CCS neverbeen
WERA neverbeen
post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-04-2007, 10:54 AM

Sportbike: 2005 busa; Husky 610E
Years Riding: 9
How you found us: Jesus

yeh the liter bikes wheelie a lot easier then the busa. Hell on the R1 I had to try to not lift up. On the busa I have to want to lift up. If you want a comfy bike get a busa. It's great for longer trips and cruising.

If you love carving corners get a liter bike that you feel most comfy on and that you like the way it looks. All jap bikes are relatively low maintenance and bulet proof. And I highly doubt you will be able to max any out.

Never rode a zx12. I know they had some reliability issues and i think every year they tweaked them a little.
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-04-2007, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

once again guys thank you so much, ive been on this board for about 2years or so, although i dont post much i enjoy reading what you guys have to say. i appreciate the help, i went to IMS the past two years and i felt like a lil kid in a ball pit..lol this year i finally got the cash to spend 8500-9000 on a newer bike, so im finally take it seriously before it was all just kind of a dream... you guys provide more logical info than most other forums. my biggest beef with the busa is the analogue gauges and i generally dont like the look unless its got 6 inch stretch and a lowering link.. we'll see im pretty set on the gsxr but who knows maybe ims with change my mind. Do you guys still meet up at strats on wednesday nights? i went up there frequently with two close friends, but we just kind of kept to ourselves n looked around... well hope to see you guys this spring just one more month before we bring some havoc to the streets..

post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-04-2007, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

oh ya... DA BEARS!!!!

post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-04-2007, 01:48 PM

i love my busa endless possibilitys in aftermarket
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-04-2007, 01:49 PM

12r has a shorter wheel base
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-04-2007, 02:26 PM
Slow Old Guy.

If you like long wheelbases, do the Busa. If you like trackable fun that can't be beat, GSXR-1000, if you like tons of torque, the 12R.

Glad that we can be of help. You'll see tons of people at Strats on Wednesday nights once it warms up a little.

You just missed out on seeing about 150-200 at the BASH last weekend. We had a great time.

Anyhow, watch for social postings and ride postings and get to know everyone. Great group of people and almost always very helpful. Most folks will give you both sides of the story, and look for the merits in an opposing view.

Welcome again and good luck next weekend at IMS. That reminds me, a bunch of folks will be going there, they usually set a time to hook up at the show on Saturday around 11am. Watch for postings!

===========

MotoVid hasbeen
NESBA hasbeen

CCS neverbeen
WERA neverbeen
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-04-2007, 02:27 PM
Enjoying Life!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommytom83 View Post
Do you guys still meet up at strats on wednesday nights? i went up there frequently with two close friends, but we just kind of kept to ourselves n looked around... well hope to see you guys this spring just one more month before we bring some havoc to the streets..
Yea we still meet up there and don't be so shy, Just grab someone and say Hi or meet up with a group that usually rides up there?

I know sometimes I put a group ride there from Romeoville at I-55 & Weber Rd, ya more then welcome to join us

Maybe wwe'll see ya out there this year on the new bike...

post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 01:27 AM
How you like me now?

Sportbike: 06GSXR1000 totalled, wife's GS500
Years Riding: since Friday
How you found us: voices in my head told me

Send a message via Yahoo to Bratva5
Gix for sure.

Russ
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 08:38 AM

Sportbike: 2009 Triumph Street Triple R, 2011 Triumph Bonneville SE
Years Riding: 11
How you found us: web search

I know it's no liter bike but the 06+ gixxer 750's are blindingly fast very agile. They put out now what liter bikes put out just a few years ago and are only 10lbs heavier than the 600's. For sure worth a look. I am one who thinks you can never have too much power but seriously my 750 has more than one can use on the street and it is stock. That's what I like about it, it is tame when it needs to be but still can get you in trouble fast enough.

Under200

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode