would you like a thread started about you if you had an accident on the bike? - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

View Poll Results: should we put up a post of an injured rider when we r not the injured?
yes, my riding friends are here and i want them to know ASAP 37 78.72%
no, because im easily ashamed and dont want to look like an idiot 10 21.28%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
Thee original azzhole!

Sportbike: 97 900rr-rip 09/09, 69 chevelle SS, & ???
Years Riding: it doesnt matter
How you found us: i see all

Send a message via AIM to Thunderstruck
would you like a thread started about you if you had an accident on the bike?

ok...i dont understand why i should possably NOT have posted up the thread about shelly getting hurt...its a fellow rider, she is well known, and is not really prone to being embaressed...i know if i got into an accident, i would want people to know...i could care less if its by phone, word of mouth , or on a forum...i got my info from someone off the board today, so whats different about posting it up versus a text message or a phone call?...

https://www.chicagolandsportbikes.com...ement.php?f=50

nothing in the rules states anything of the sort...i was one of the 1st people to meet shelly before she had a bike at her b-day party 2 years ago...

she is a friend to me and making sure that my friends/her friends know about her getting injured is a priority to me as there were plenty of people calling me after i sent a text out to everyone as a fyi for those #'s i did have...

right now some people are out of state or not near a computer, so if people read this on the site, they have the chance to call others that may not know about a friend getting hurt...so please explain why i should not have posted this up...im not upset, im just asking a valid question...if some of you people are a bit too sensitive about posts put up about you getting into a wreck...then maybe you should look into another board or something...cause it appears that some people have some issues with trusting people and understanding what friends are...anyone i concider a friend to me, knows DAMN WELL that i will do just about anything for them...im not into this childish shit some people (not pointing fingers here) do on the board...im here for my friends, and with friends...i have already gotten pm's saying that i did the right thing posting up the thread and they would want one put up for them...

so now im looking for everyones point of view and i say let the majority of the site rule on this...

...plus my gf was with me saying "omg slow down, slow down" and I was thinking "Lose annoying squalk box in passenger seat, afford more mods and have less weight in the car and on the back of the bike"...so i dumped her and I'm single again as usual...HERE KITTY KITTY!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch View Post
pussy is the root of all evil...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunny View Post
mmmm pussy
You dont like me....i dont give a fuck...cause i'll still put ya in the hospital...me tollerating you is all that matters...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 09:25 PM
Irony helps us play!

Sportbike: 2000 F4
Years Riding: Long enough to know better
How you found us: some hot MILF whispered it in my ear

If I were to, yes post up.

It's not like anything can be kept a secret anyways and I'd rather other people learn from any mistake I made that helped the chain of events along to make it happen.

Everyone Exaggerates

We're being taken for a ride... agaaaaaaain.....

Best Auto/Moto Insurance | Motorcycle Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 09:27 PM
The Benchwarmer

Sportbike: Ninja
Years Riding: Long
How you found us: Dong

people here get a good daily dose almost of my stupidity

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest - Denis Diderot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 09:28 PM

wow...is your name scrobak on the other board
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 09:31 PM
Bug
Ridiculously Good Looking

Sportbike: Sportbike?
Years Riding: No F'in Idea
How you found us: 4 & 6

If I do crash, don't post about my harm, yet inform those on the condition of the Duc because after all, who gives a fuck about some guy with a screen name of Bug - But the Duc on the other hand, well that is just god's gift to two wheels - Mopar, back me up on this

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW, what a RIDE !!"
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 09:35 PM
TERRAdactyl

Sportbike: 07 600RR
Years Riding: on the street since 01
How you found us: accidentally stepped in it

Send a message via Yahoo to catwlights
That depends... would my insurance company like to know about it or not?

Or how about the people I work with who are on this site ... when I take PTO.... and risk getting laid off.

... hmm... or maybe I havent yet told my brother, sister, mom, dad or other relative who might be on this site.
post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 09:49 PM
Your friendly Crazy Canuk

Sportbike: Ducati ST3 2005 Gloss Black, Monster 620, 2007 Sport Classic 1000
Years Riding: Crashing sucessfully since 1969
How you found us: Thru favorednation (ron)

Send a message via AIM to RickC1957 Send a message via Yahoo to RickC1957
If I wad myself up or any of the Ducs....keep your yaps shut...I'll tell everyone what a dumbass I was....I don't need help If I off myself being a dumbass.....please...no sympathy threads...I'll come back and haunt everyone of you f__kers...again I was most likely being a dumbass and got what I deserved

Sometimes goodbye is your second chance.
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 09:54 PM
Irony helps us play!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catwlights View Post
That depends... would my insurance company like to know about it or not?
Luckily, your insurance company will only care if what you told them is true or not. What some random user says in a forum matters not..as long as what you told them is true.

Everyone Exaggerates

post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 09:59 PM

Sportbike: 2002 Turbo Hayabusa
Years Riding: Lost Track
How you found us: Tony

Your selections are a bit limited so let me put it this way:

Yes, you could post that I crashed and a brief statement about my condition IF I was unable to post for myself. Otherwise, keep your yap shut!

No, I would not want you to post ANY details of the incident that could in any way be construed my law enforcement, insurance companies, employers, etc. that could lead to law suits, failure to pay health claims, create problems with my job, family, or friends, etc.

While I'm quite sure you were well intentioned, I'm not sure why this has to turn into a public issue. Common sense should dictate that personal information concerning accident, legal, and health matters should be disclosed by explicit permission only. This is for both your own protection and well as the person involved in the accident and their family.

Dave
post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 10:04 PM
REDLEG!!!!!

Sportbike: Ducati Diavel Carbon Red
Years Riding: 28
How you found us: tripped over clsb during a drunken stupor

Send a message via Yahoo to lunardog
i don`t care either way. but to all you camera guys. would you please quit dropping your camera arms to give a better ooooooh face. get the friggin shot for me. just once i wanna see how ridiculous i look tumbling down the horizon. i seem to freak out corner workers cuz i`m the guy that gets up laughing saying that was fun lets do it again. or i say f--- me how`s my bike.

seriously. i can see how some people would be bothered and others not care. after all we are all different right? point is that she or anyone else, had it been them, is ok. and by ok i mean not in the hospital with tubes stickin out of every orifice. i myself am to a point where crashing doesn`t bother me anymore, not that i ever set out to do it. but it`s a big deal to alot of people. shelly, whom i`ve never met, so far doesn`t seem to be bothered by this post and that`s cool.

this will probably be a topic of discussion for a while. as well it probably should. maybe there should just be a stat in our profiles that says in the event i biff my scoot someone else can or cannot post it up for me, that would solve any indescretion quick. someone in the hospital right now probably doesn`t know or even care that we know their condition but just wants to get better. that info`s out there, is anyone complaining about that?

i`m gonna cut this off here. feel free to disect. after all that`s what this is for

Operating a motorcycle. So easy, even a caveman can do it. Knowing how to ride? Priceless.

Ray
post #11 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 10:07 PM

Sportbike: .
Years Riding: .
How you found us: .

Couldn't care less.
post #12 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 10:07 PM
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

there is NO rule stating such, and this is a hard subject at this moment for me, to try to nail down a good answer or alternative.

but there is valid points everywhere.

maybe the most important thing is to let everyone know whos ever screen name if they had an accident and there condition.

really the accident or how it happened is no ones business, unless that person wants to share. i think the most important thing is our friends and there condition.

hope i make sense.

post #13 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 10:07 PM
Infectious Human Waste

Sportbike: <600cc's
Years Riding: 9

Send a message via AIM to Milenko Send a message via Yahoo to Milenko
Funny some people saying they wouldnt but this is a poll for a reason, ya didnt really vote right... I can see some peoples points, and your entitled for your view. If shelly has a problem with mike about posting about it, im sure she will take it up with him. She doesnt need everyone doing it for her I know for the most part, the people I ride with are my friends and would want the info out there, I for one, if you ride with me, do want it said! There are very few people who I will speak up for. I have met a TON of people on this site and a few that I hold as close friends! I look out for everyone but have learned today that some people dont want there issues posted, I will keep that in mind on future rides. Everyone have fun with your weekend!

Even heroes know when to be scared.
..As I shifted into 6th, I forgot every f'in thing she said..
Im a fuel injected suicide machine!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Criminalgrrl View Post
I'd let him pee in my butt
post #14 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 10:16 PM
Orgynizer

Years Riding: 8 years
How you found us: ......................

Maybe just don't put the injuries....until u know 100% what they were/are, but definitely would want my friends to know...ok don't want to type a lot....lol

Shelly
STT Northern Promotions Coordinator
post #15 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 10:20 PM
Si Vis Pacem Parabellum

Sportbike: 955i Speed Triple, 100AE Road King, AP1 Honda S2000
Years Riding: 1/3rd of my life.
How you found us: Cave Johnson

Unless I've been killed, I'll post up the details myself.

Brian
NESBA #22
الكافرة مع بندقية سوداء
Si vis pacem parabellum

Quote:
Yeah, I quit doing blow, not being rad!
post #16 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 10:21 PM

Sportbike: R6, FE570, TZ250, CFR450
Years Riding: 33
How you found us: friend

Send a message via AIM to racingxtc7 Send a message via Yahoo to racingxtc7
If your a good enough friend to want to post a thread then you should be a good enough friend to know if they would want a thread started. Personally, if I were in the hospital and I would want it post weather I was ok or not so people aren't lingering.

CCS/USGPRU#976
<----Jeff

Last edited by racingxtc7; 07-22-2007 at 10:55 PM.
post #17 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 10:42 PM
Model citizen

Sportbike: ktm
Years Riding: a few
How you found us: SBN

I wouldn't want someone else posting up about my crash. Its really none of their business to be posting about
post #18 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 10:48 PM
Mmmmmm....

Sportbike: RIP Rsux

Send a message via AIM to Pinkrider
Honestly if I was the one who crashed and someone posted up about me crashing I would be pissed as hell about someone else posting it up... I didn't post on any board when I crashed and I would never post the exact details... I would have posted it had I wanted anyone to know... that's not your decision or anyone else's to make... Unfortunately a lot of accidents are caused from a stupid decision we make/ didn't make and no one wants to have a bunch of people giving them UNWANTED advice or making fun of them for it... and we all know that UNWANTED advice and ridicule is gonna happen... Plus, if I just crashed and got injured the last thing I wanna be doing is answering a bunch of texts or calls from people who are asking what happened.

In this situation today, I think you were completely out of line since you weren't even on the freaking ride!!! What if you didn't even have the info correct and you just posted up a thread and freaked everyone out when she was totally fine?? There is a time and place to be a know-it-all and this is not one of those times!

Sometimes your knight in shining armor is just a retard wrapped in tin foil.
post #19 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 10:48 PM
YO MAMA

token from that other thread cause this is a better place for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderstruck View Post
dude...seriously...u need to get a life...anytime anyone crashes, we all post up and hope for them to heal up quickly...if the mods have a problem with it, then they can kill it...she is a friend and i dont think she would have a problem with this posting...she would want everyone to know she is ok...

PLUS she is on the other bike site and they would have no clue about her getting hurt...so i know that they would want to know...so its posted there also...
do me a favor, DONT! go off on brian, i understand shelly is your friend too, but brain was trying to be helpful.

sometimes in a accident our emotions get raised and so does our anger, trust me i know i have gone off on people too when another friend got paralyzed and someone talked remotely close that he was riding incorrectly or what not.

i fucken blew a fuse.

but just lay off him he was trying to be helpful, and he also has a point. not all people want there issues disclosed.

now back to shelly

post #20 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 10:51 PM
Orgynizer

Years Riding: 8 years
How you found us: ......................

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseys View Post
Now back to shelly
EXACTLY!!!!!

Seriously...I'm so bored already!!!!!!

Shelly
STT Northern Promotions Coordinator
post #21 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 10:55 PM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
I would say it's fine to post up, but leave the details out till that person is up and about.

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #22 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 11:01 PM
Mmmmmm....

Sportbike: RIP Rsux

Send a message via AIM to Pinkrider
Quote:
Originally Posted by evltwinn999 View Post
EXACTLY!!!!!

TAKE MORE VICODIN AND FALL ASLEEP ALREADY!!!! Sheesh!!!

Sometimes your knight in shining armor is just a retard wrapped in tin foil.
post #23 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milenko View Post
I can see some peoples points, and your entitled for your view. If shelly has a problem with mike about posting about it, im sure she will take it up with him. She doesnt need everyone doing it for her
not everyone is as bold and upfront as I and others are. Some are just nonconfrontational and would rather just swallow something that bothered them so don't be so quick to judge and think you know someone
post #24 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 11:17 PM
Irony helps us play!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evltwinn999 View Post
EXACTLY!!!!!

"Too bad you got hurt. I was going to take you shoe shopping. I guess all that's left is to come over and give you flowers for no reason and make sure the toilet seat is down. Piece!"

Everyone Exaggerates

post #25 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 11:23 PM

Sportbike: R6, FE570, TZ250, CFR450
Years Riding: 33
How you found us: friend

Send a message via AIM to racingxtc7 Send a message via Yahoo to racingxtc7
no no no, she like them with tatoos

CCS/USGPRU#976
<----Jeff
post #26 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 11:26 PM
YO MAMA

no, no,no. its more like this!

post #27 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 11:27 PM
Lovin this Twin

Sportbike: 05 SV1000S, Wide Glide, DR350
Years Riding: 1/2 hour then it rained
How you found us: member

Send a message via AIM to Hooligan Send a message via Yahoo to Hooligan
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkrider View Post
TAKE MORE VICODIN AND FALL ASLEEP ALREADY!!!! Sheesh!!!

easier said then done...........put lots of pillows around you so you dont roll over!

This is gonna hurt!
post #28 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 11:30 PM
Infectious Human Waste

Sportbike: <600cc's
Years Riding: 9

Send a message via AIM to Milenko Send a message via Yahoo to Milenko
Quote:
Originally Posted by meech View Post
not everyone is as bold and upfront as I and others are. Some are just nonconfrontational and would rather just swallow something that bothered them so don't be so quick to judge and think you know someone
She never had a problem being upfront with me

Sorry shelly, im not searching for any photos for ya...

Even heroes know when to be scared.
..As I shifted into 6th, I forgot every f'in thing she said..
Im a fuel injected suicide machine!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Criminalgrrl View Post
I'd let him pee in my butt
post #29 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 12:02 AM

Sportbike: ??<-COMING SOON
Years Riding: 1
How you found us: Some dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusaDave View Post
Your selections are a bit limited so let me put it this way:

Yes, you could post that I crashed and a brief statement about my condition IF I was unable to post for myself. Otherwise, keep your yap shut!

No, I would not want you to post ANY details of the incident that could in any way be construed my law enforcement, insurance companies, employers, etc. that could lead to law suits, failure to pay health claims, create problems with my job, family, or friends, etc.

While I'm quite sure you were well intentioned, I'm not sure why this has to turn into a public issue. Common sense should dictate that personal information concerning accident, legal, and health matters should be disclosed by explicit permission only. This is for both your own protection and well as the person involved in the accident and their family.
I have to agree medical issues are private, and can lead into some legal issues. Just posting if the person is okay or not so okay to me seems to be no big deal though when we get into the details that where is gets sketchy. Though all I see here on this site is concern and love and that can make someone heal that much faster!!
post #30 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 12:10 AM
Grid Marshall.

Sportbike: Tweener
Years Riding: Do I have to start over now?
How you found us: Followed the Bread Crumbs...

Send a message via AIM to Cerk
Was this really necessary.

Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacitus
In a state where corruption abounds, laws must be very numerous.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode