• Yes

Votes: 84 88.4%
  • No

Votes: 11 11.6%

Have you dropped your bike

3K views 66 replies 44 participants last post by  ill_ag 
#1 ·
Ok, so here's the question:

Have you ever dropped your bike, be it by mistake, intentional or no fault of your own, have any of the motorcycles that you've EVER owned been on their side at any point while you owned them?

Simple Yes or No.

#3 ·
:laughing we all know my answer

#8 · (Edited)
I crashed the fuck out of my '82 GPz550 in the summer of '06. Front tire popped in a turn ar about 45 mph. Then I had a 0 mph crash in '07 with the Speed Four in a parking lot resulting in a hell of a doughnut and a damaged stator cover. Here is the mark she left. I almost went through the SUV parked next to me. Framesliders FTW!!

#13 ·
Dropped mine the first night I had it. Not even more than 40 miles on the thing and I pull into the drive way. I was so caught up in the moment I flipped the kickstand out set it over and found that I hadn't kicked it out all the way... My buddy was in the car behind me laughing his ass off the whole time. Felt like such a dunce but hell at least I got it out of the way!

#18 ·
<---- month 1 of bike ownership-- Left choke on ninja and more or less went flying across grass, dropping bike.

<---- Goes 4 years without incident, slowly goes down with F4i in parking lot while backing up. I can barely touch the ground so it was bound to happen.

#21 ·
I haven't but in all honesty I should've a couple times. The closest I came was in one of my first couple times out. I had never driven anything with a clutch so I spent a lot of time figuring it out and subsequently stalled it a lot. One time I thought for sure I was good, I was rolling along pretty well and I let the clutch all the way out. Rear locks and stops the bike immediately. I was just taking my feet up to the pegs when this happened. So I feel it stop, try to get my feet down, and rack my nuts on the gas tank. The bike is at more than 45* to the side but somehow I caught it and hauled it back up. Then I went inside and pissed a bit of blood. Fucking painful, would've been worse had I dropped the bike though. I'm still amazed that I haven't.

I know, sometime in the next 5 months the bike is going over, fucking jinxes

#23 ·
duh... ask how many times and how many bikes?

haven't we done this poll about a dozen times?

#27 ·
well if we are post whoring.

bump. :flip

#28 ·
This week? yes.
Ever? yes..

#30 ·
This is a jinxed poll if I ever saw one - (puts down 10 ft pole and slowly steps away)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.