Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

I am really coming to appreciate....

2K views 46 replies 14 participants last post by  Apex 
#1 ·
how nice it is to ride in the cool weather. On the Busa it was always a pain in da ass for some reason to ride in the cold weather. I felt all " clostrophobic " (sp?) in the helmet and all. On the Harley there is a completely different feeling. All free ? Open? I can breathe the fresh air, take in the scenery, enjoy the speed limit, things like that, instead of trying to keep up with everyone doing 40 over the limit weaving in and out of traffic. I actually enjoy riding much more than ever before. :cruise This thread is in no way meant to bash Sport bike riding... so dont go there. It is just one mans opinion on how I enjoy my new ride. Ride on! :2rockin

#2 · (Edited)
+1 it really is a whole different world of riding. Sure i miss the speedonce and a while, but I've never been so relaxed since I bought this bike.

#3 ·
I know that feelin'. :D :thumbsup

#4 ·
HDTony said:
+1 it really is a whole different world of riding. Sure i miss the speedonce and a while, but I've never been so relaxed since I bought this bike.

Yea relaxed IS the word... I was never ever really relaxed b4... always tense and feeling out of place. I am so happy I did this.

#5 ·
BuzByU said:
On the Harley there is a completely different feeling. All free ? Open? I can breathe the fresh air, take in the scenery, enjoy the speed limit, things like that, instead of trying to keep up with everyone doing 40 over the limit weaving in and out of traffic. I actually enjoy riding much more than ever before. :cruise

That is truly awesome :thumbsup Just be sure to wave to us sportbikers once in a while :jester

#7 ·
whiteSeatEnvy said:
That is truly awesome :thumbsup Just be sure to wave to us sportbikers once in a while :jester
Ditto.. never miss a wave...

#8 ·
I think it's the whole cruiser feeling. That is 1 of the reasons I wanna get a cruiser due to the just whole "cruise" idea. When on a cruiser you have the whole Sunday driving mentality instead of the whole Monday thru Saturday "rush" feeeling. :cruise

#10 ·
Honestly, for my style of street riding I should have a cruiser. I don't ride hardly at all on the street, and it's usually to and from work. But, since I don't really ride on the street that much, it makes no sense for me to sell my bike and get something else, since it would just cost more. I've almost paid off the Triumph, why get another bill?

-Chris

#11 ·
Are you not claustrophic because you are not wearing a lid? HD or not, isn't that a bad idea? Personally, after all these years of a full face lid, I'd feel very "exposed" without it.

#12 ·
Blade Runner said:
Are you not claustrophic because you are not wearing a lid? HD or not, isn't that a bad idea? Personally, after all these years of a full face lid, I'd feel very "exposed" without it.

No, I dont like wearing a lid. Actually prefer it. A personal choice is all, like the choice you make to always wear it. This thread isnt about wearing a lid or not its about enjoying a cruise instead of a race. :cruise

#13 ·
No no, it's no biggie to me. And I agree that's not where I want this to go either.

I'm all into getting a cruiser if that matches you needs better than a sport bike.

Just enjoy and be careful. :thumbsup

#14 ·
Blade Runner said:
No no, it's no biggie to me. And I agree that's not where I want this to go either.

I'm all into getting a cruiser if that matches you needs better than a sport bike.

Just enjoy and be careful. :thumbsup
Thanks Bruce... So far So good
:2rockin

#15 ·
Of course, I'll still give you shit about getting a HD. :evil ;)

#16 ·
Blade Runner said:
Of course, I'll still give you shit about getting a HD. :evil ;)

Haha... I wouldnt expect anything Different! Flame ON ! just make you OWN Thread about it. :laughing ;)

#17 ·
Naaa, I'm toning it down till after the elections. Too many Republicans hitting me with negative feedback points. Plus, I never ever flame. At least flame first. Teasing is a different story.

Plus, I've got to watch it. One day I just might resemble a remark I've made.

#18 ·
Blade Runner said:
Plus, I've got to watch it. One day I just might resemble a remark I've made.
Oh oh I hear a Cruiser in the future...
:cruise

#19 ·
Why not? I've got 3 in the garage now that I barely ride. What's one more? I've just got too much bad blood/history with HD riders from years ago to ever really consider giving $ to HD. Having one piss into the gas tank of my H2 put me over the edge. It also put him into the hospital.

For now, I'm still too damn comfortable on my 929 to worry about it. Maybe a nice BMW...

#20 ·
Blade Runner said:
Why not? I've got 3 in the garage now that I barely ride. What's one more? I've just got too much bad blood/history with HD riders from years ago to ever really consider giving $ to HD. Having one piss into the gas tank of my H2 put me over the edge. It also put him into the hospital.

For now, I'm still too damn comfortable on my 929 to worry about it. Maybe a nice BMW...[/QUOTE

Sorry to hear about the BAD Blood... To bad asshole peeps ruined a bike for ya.

#21 · (Edited)
BuzByU said:
how nice it is to ride in the cool weather. On the Busa it was always a pain in da ass for some reason to ride in the cold weather. I felt all " clostrophobic " (sp?) in the helmet and all. On the Harley there is a completely different feeling. All free ? Open? I can breathe the fresh air, take in the scenery, enjoy the speed limit, things like that, instead of trying to keep up with everyone doing 40 over the limit weaving in and out of traffic. I actually enjoy riding much more than ever before. :cruise This thread is in no way meant to bash Sport bike riding... so dont go there. It is just one mans opinion on how I enjoy my new ride. Ride on! :2rockin
well, you peeps know that i cant let this slide!!!
so what ur sayin is that you cant ride a sportbike and "breath the fresh air,take in the scenery, ENJOY THE SPEED LIMIT, and things like that."

GIMME A BREAK....bashing sportbikes or not, that was an fowl statement!!
but i am happy to hear that you've come to own a bike that you can enjoy a lil more!! :thumbsup :cheers

#22 ·
Blade Runner said:
+1 i jumped on my bike the other day just to run to the gas station so i grabbed the sun glasses instead of the ol brainbucket....i swear to you that it felt like everything that i did while riding wasnt right.

#24 ·
Actually Rick i can see the relaxed portion......
When on the Busa (I even love spelling that word :p ) i too feel tensed as far as being alert for the next a$$ trying to cut me off or race. I am still comfortable dont get me wrong BUT When i took my dads old Goldwing out for a spin it was VERY nice as far as leaning back, listening to the radio, and just relaxing. I would take it out to the store and pick up a few groceries and throw them in the bags. Now i cant go pick up anything larger than what fits in my pockets. Am i bashing sportbikes? HELL NO! Its just that those are not made for that.

My best analogy would be......using a spade shovel to shovel the snow in the driveway. It would work but a snow shovel would be better.

Thats why i do not knock cruisers. I WILL own one but i will not let the Busa go either. ;) (unless i truly had too) :2rockin

#25 ·
I love the look of the cruisers, I really do, I just can't see myself handling one at low speeds in a parking lot, the weight scares the shit out of me. I just got the lastest issue of Cycle World, article on a Sturgis run, with guys on "power cruisers" I'm looking at the wet weights......one weighing at 1274 LBS!!! That's freaking nuts, the little fizzer wet weighs in at 425lbs, I just can't "see" myself even handling a bike at low speeds at 800lbs, I think the cruiser rage is just long in the tooth, I can imagine it being any fun dragging 800 to almost 1300 pounds thru a corner.

#26 ·
I agree with you Rick but you would have to change your mentality though.

Dragging----sportbike
cruising-----cruiser
speed/railing---sportbike
Laidback ride---cruiser

LONG DISTANCE RIDE---CRUISER.

2 totally different mentalities so you really cant compare a cruiser to a sportbike. Kinda like taking a Limo to a dragstrip. :wheelie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.