Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

I am really coming to appreciate....

2K views 46 replies 14 participants last post by  Apex 
#1 ·
how nice it is to ride in the cool weather. On the Busa it was always a pain in da ass for some reason to ride in the cold weather. I felt all " clostrophobic " (sp?) in the helmet and all. On the Harley there is a completely different feeling. All free ? Open? I can breathe the fresh air, take in the scenery, enjoy the speed limit, things like that, instead of trying to keep up with everyone doing 40 over the limit weaving in and out of traffic. I actually enjoy riding much more than ever before. :cruise This thread is in no way meant to bash Sport bike riding... so dont go there. It is just one mans opinion on how I enjoy my new ride. Ride on! :2rockin

#27 ·
With a cruiser, it's not about the WEIGHT, it's the WEIGHT DISTRIBUTION.

The low center of gravity makes them very easy to handle. As long as you're not trying to bench-press the thing, you'll probably be surprised. As for the "slower" characteristics of cruisers... well, it just means having to think a little further ahead.

#28 ·
apex said:
well, you peeps know that i cant let this slide!!!
so what ur sayin is that you cant ride a sportbike and "breath the fresh air,take in the scenery, ENJOY THE SPEED LIMIT, and things like that."

GIMME A BREAK....bashing sportbikes or not, that was an fowl statement!!
but i am happy to hear that you've come to own a bike that you can enjoy a lil more!! :thumbsup :cheers
Like I said in the opening post, it is not about bashing sport bike riding, so dont go there. It is just one mans opinion about how I love the new ride. And 99.9% of the time that sport bike riders get together, they ride way over the speed limit, take way to many chances, and CANT enjoy the ride the way you can on a cruiser, but then again that IS their way of enjoying the ride. Two different worlds is all. And as you put in your original post, I am well educated to the sport bike world. I love it, just not for me anymore. Unless I take it to a track, which is probably the way I will go next year.

#29 ·
Labdog said:
Actually Rick i can see the relaxed portion......
When on the Busa (I even love spelling that word :p ) i too feel tensed as far as being alert for the next a$$ trying to cut me off or race.
Exactly ,why would I want to feel that way all the time ? Naaa
:2rockin

#30 ·
I know what you mean, Greg, in your opening post. I took my dad's Dyna Low Rider for a spin this summer and I loved it. For me, the sitting posture had a lot to do with how relaxed I felt.... though I was a little nervous taking such an expensive bike out.

Sitting back with your feet in front of your and your arms out is more relaxing than crouched on my 10R (though that is comfortable in its own right, so don't take that the wrong way RICK.... lol). I've said many times if I could afford a HD I would get one. Everyone needs 3 bikes: trackbike, streetsportbike, and cruiser. :D

#32 ·
Chills said:
I know what you mean, Greg, in your opening post. I took my dad's Dyna Low Rider for a spin this summer and I loved it. For me, the sitting posture had a lot to do with how relaxed I felt.... though I was a little nervous taking such an expensive bike out.

Sitting back with your feet in front of your and your arms out is more relaxing than crouched on my 10R (though that is comfortable in its own right, so don't take that the wrong way RICK.... lol). I've said many times if I could afford a HD I would get one. Everyone needs 3 bikes: trackbike, streetsportbike, and cruiser. :D

See he gets it! :cruise

#33 ·
Labdog said:
PAHLESE!!! How can anyone be comfortable on a GREEN bike!!! :laughing :laughing

:laughing :laughing Now no flaming.. even if it is GREEN... :laughing :laughing

#34 ·
RickC1957 said:
I feel the need...........the need for SPEED:D

Not a flame, not a flame

Relaxed on ANY motorcycle, will lead you to a world of hurt. Relaxed and riding should never be used in the same sentence. :nono
Maybe I have it backwards for a change. (Nothing new there.) For me being relaxed on a bike has little to do with my physical state. It's all mental. when I'm relaxed is when I'm the smoothest and most in touch with what is going on around me. When relaxed and on the track I'm clearly faster. (I know, I've been a bum this year about getting out. :() Relaxed doesn't = oblivious. I can be relaxed and alert. On the udder hand, not being alert on a bike is bad. I think I may just be playing with words a little on this.

#36 ·
Chills said:
Thanks, Greg. I wonder if I could find a Green HD. That would be sweet!

Whatcha think? Its Green! and an HD!

#39 ·
Chills said:
Dude, that's f*ckin' pimp! How much would that set me back?

" You cant handle the truth"
:laughing :laughing

#40 ·
flipSTREAM said:
sell the zx10, zx9, ex500 and yer star wars collection... :laughing ;)

Plus my Xterra, my enclosed trailer, and then I'd probably have to sell my body on the streets for a good year or two to afford that bike. :laughing

#41 · (Edited)
BuzByU said:
Like I said in the opening post, it is not about bashing sport bike riding, so dont go there. It is just one mans opinion about how I love the new ride. And 99.9% of the time that sport bike riders get together, they ride way over the speed limit, take way to many chances, and CANT enjoy the ride the way you can on a cruiser, but then again that IS their way of enjoying the ride. Two different worlds is all. And as you put in your original post, I am well educated to the sport bike world. I love it, just not for me anymore. Unless I take it to a track, which is probably the way I will go next year.
I CAN RESPECT THAT!! :thumbsup

#42 ·
Blade Runner said:
Maybe I have it backwards for a change. (Nothing new there.) For me being relaxed on a bike has little to do with my physical state. It's all mental. when I'm relaxed is when I'm the smoothest and most in touch with what is going on around me. When relaxed and on the track I'm clearly faster. (I know, I've been a bum this year about getting out. :() Relaxed doesn't = oblivious. I can be relaxed and alert. On the udder hand, not being alert on a bike is bad. I think I may just be playing with words a little on this.
Much better explanation than mine Bruce, I got all confused with being bored to tears and relaxed. I'm the same way, faster, when I'm relaxed, alert and one with the apex:D

#44 ·
RickC1957 said:
Chris......now you really have me worried :laughing
+1 :laughing

#45 ·
Rick, I thought I was just playing word games. ;) I have a hard time picturing you as tense while riding...

#46 ·
Rick, Bruce don't you think that a new Harley with a custom dark green paint job with black and chrome flames would be killer?

Come on, that would be a sweet looking bike. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.