Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Which flower delivery store?

795 views 27 replies 15 participants last post by  whiteSeatEnvy 
#1 ·
Well with v-day coming up, it's about that time to git yer flowers fer the ladies. Now I used 1800flowers.com once a while back, but they seem like a rip and I'd rather just call some local florist directly to support them. Figured we could make a little database here for the different chicagoland areas. Personally I like Marge's Flowers down in Skokie...they always have a great selection. I'm looking for a shop that delivers in the Lake Zurich/Barrington area...any suggestions or other stores in other areas to add to the list?

#4 ·
leavundst said:
There is a better option. Simply break up with your significant other a few days before V-Day. Get your self a new set of tires, or a nice undertail or hugger instead.
I've done this every year for about the past 6 years (save one) and have pleasantly avoided the associated expenses. Do NOT WAIT to buy them - I did that the year of darkness and paid like $100 for a dozen roses in the loop. Bite the bullet, do ftd and pray to the gods of money she doesn't order the filet and lobster at dinner.

#5 ·
I just went online to 1800 Flowers. I used them before so I had a 15% discount coupon. I ordered some to be sent to her place on Thursday. I'll pick some up for my hosue on Friday before she comes over.

With our schedules (she lives 2 hours away) we celebrate everythign on the weekends instead of the actual date.

#6 ·
cherrypicker said:
I just went online to 1800 Flowers. I used them before so I had a 15% discount coupon. I ordered some to be sent to her place on Thursday. I'll pick some up for my hosue on Friday before she comes over.

With our schedules (she lives 2 hours away) we celebrate everythign on the weekends instead of the actual date.
Long distance relationship, eh? That's what happens when you live 90 miles away from the nearest gas station :)

What's uuuuuuuuppppp dude :laughing

#7 ·
Yea, I found FTD, and I guess they just use some local florist so I placed an order for a Saturday delivery when I know someone will be home. Everything seemed pretty reasonable with them.

#11 ·
EndlessRR said:
Biggie, where's Marge's? And do you know if they deliver to the city?
Actually it might be Margie's. All I know is that they do great arrangements and it's a mom+pop sorta shop. Very nice and always helped me pick stuff out that is most kick ass. Dunno if they deliver...give'em a buzz.

#12 ·
RSVMillenian said:
Romantic side of EMR, who would have thought?

I used ftd.com and it was nice, price was to much, but I had to do it..

If you don't wanna do it, get married and you are done, sleeping on the couch for few days and that is it.
No no, nothing romatic...he sent flowers to himself after a race.

#13 ·
FTD.COM!!! :2rockin :2rockin Then give me your order # and I'll post up your mushy card message for everyone to laugh at. lol

#15 ·
WatrSkii said:
proflowers.com is offering buy 12 get 12 free today.... garunteed v-day delivery if you order by saturday

Proflowers is the anti-christ. Buy from FTD.COM, the name you trust.

#18 ·
Stydie said:
Long distance relationship, eh? That's what happens when you live 90 miles away from the nearest gas station :)

What's uuuuuuuuppppp dude :laughing
Oddly enough there are at least 12 gas stations within 10 miles.... but the nearest Best Buy and Starbucks are 100 miles away.

I'm tryign to find her a job near where I live so she can move in soon. Only seeing 6 days a month really sucks.

#26 ·
I ordered a bouquet of roses from FTD.COM and they gave me a brand new car! FTD.COM is the best quality for the best price. FTD.COM, the name you trust.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.