Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

my bike SHES ALIVE!

850 views 25 replies 9 participants last post by  Blade Runner 
#1 ·
muhahhaa

oh man, talk about a minor rebuild, last year i crashed, big deal, but the issue was i cracked and distroyed the coil pick up cover, once i got her home and took it apart, there were small peices inside the housing which inside back falls right into the pan/gear/oil pick up etc.

so i decided to take the safe route, removed everything, and checked for anything.

WELL, NOTHING got in there thank god, the filter screen was clean, sifted the oil nothing!

put it all back together put some oil back in here and BAM she started pretty dam good for not turning her over in 4 months!

now i am making a decision today, and i think its the best choice.

gut it and sharkskin it and make it a total track whore, i was thinking of getting a gsxr750 and making it a track whore and putting this back on the street.

BUT i want a chopper and a NEW sportbike for the streets.

i have lost the carefull love for this bike, i treat the parts as if they wernt new anymore. i think the carefull love is gone, dont get me wrong i dont treat it like shit, but i dont baby the stuff anymore, not to mention i have so much race shit on this bike, that i would NEVER get close to what its worth, so why not just track it, and deal with it eating tires up?

thats my issue right now.

See less See more
#2 ·
Checking ther calander.....

......lets see.........

.....yup its that time of year again for Ken to decide wether he's is gonna make it a track bitch or not. :laughing

#3 ·
It's not easy to let her go...kinda like putting your pup down. It's what is best for her though. Be gentle. It's the right thing to do.

:laughing

But seriously...
Im in the same boat in a way, I decided to hang onto mine for one more season. The difference though is that my bike doesn't eat tires and is a good trackbike. You've got a beast there and now you want to spend another grand+ on Sharkskins and paint? You're digging a deeper hole than you're already in. Leave it as it is and ride it to the ground, or sell it.

Plus I bet Shannon would buy some off those 9 goodies you got.

#4 ·
talked to jim, my mentor, he suggested to keep it.

i have to much into it, and set up to race, then it is a street mechine, not only that, i am not out to break and track records. i am there to have fun, and get better. not to mention even 04 750 valves are shit, and the engine is really unreliable. my bike has 32k on it, and the compression is still TOP NOTCH! 160PSI last we checked all across the board. "thats impressive"

"mainly cause i take care of her"

so at this point, i am gutting it TODAY!

anyone wanna buy 9r parts let me know.

this bitch is finally getting race prep'd!

#5 ·
Sping is here! Have fun. It makes sense to me. You are way comfortable on that beast and like you said, you are not racing. So why not?

Time for some new street toys... :thumbsup

#6 ·
HDTony said:
Checking ther calander.....

......lets see.........

.....yup its that time of year again for Ken to decide wether he's is gonna make it a track bitch or not. :laughing

I'm as guilty as they come in the indecisiveness department so I can't comment on the three years it took Ken to make this decision. :laughing :laughing :laughing :jester

Hope it doesn't take that long to decide on a street bike. I'll miss ya out there bro :1pimp

#7 ·
Blade Runner said:
Sping is here! Have fun. It makes sense to me. You are way comfortable on that beast and like you said, you are not racing. So why not?

Time for some new street toys... :thumbsup
I with Bruce :D

Good decision, now get over to the cruiser forum and lets discuss your chopper :D

#8 ·
yeah i just have way to much into that bike, not to mention once i gut it, it WILL be dam close to the gix1000 if not dead on, i will junk as much shit as i can.

also too yeah tire eater but ohwell.

price i pay for hpr, maybe this year i can learn to trust the tires more, enter hotter then rolling the exit like a fucken nut case spinning up the back.

i am gonna work alot harder this year, and i know i will crash again.

which reminds me i need my leathers fixed and maybe a new helmet. :jester

#10 ·
well i said i was for real, i stripped EVERYTHING off, down to extra rear seat clamps and bolts i dont need, and man does this thing feel light!

i will post up soon what parts i got, but off the top of my head.

i got 2 rear tails, front headlight, rear tail light, small rear signals, the tech and post, left side fareing, the upper, rear tail lock, the rear seat, and all kinda bolts and shit like that. plus a yellow box, a DIGI RPM light rev meter, and a DIGI gear indicator.

let me know if you want first dibs on this stuff, ill make you a deal.

here are the pics.
i still have to wash her, and clean her up, strip the tank, and decide what color to paint her.

#14 ·
great choice

Odysseys said:
i think i am gonna paint the bike, flat black and have SWAT written on the sides...lol

Now you'll need holster or mounts for the guns. :50cal

#16 · (Edited)
Odysseys said:
i think i am gonna paint the bike, flat black and have SWAT written on the sides...lol
Get some of those purple and pink rainbow flower stickers or what ever they are that bill has on his truck :D

#18 ·
HDTony said:
I with Bruce :D

You don't know how warm and fuzzy that makes me feel. :bow :laughing

I wanna see the chopper!

#19 ·
Ken its a good thing you didn't carry the day you went down on the f$$king oil.

BTW on those oil tires just do some burnouts until they light up. LMAO Like oval nights.

#21 ·
ken enjoy the bike and ride what you love

bikes are like good cigars they take time to savor and enjoy!!! :1pimp
let me know If i can help with the chopper or the sport bike issue.
whit

#22 ·
Hey Ken,
I just saw the neatest chopper in cycleworld. It also has a pic of you in it. ;)
Do you get a copy? Would you like me to toss it in the mail to you?

#24 ·
I'll grab it tonight and mail it tomorrow. That is ass-u-ming I don't spaz out and space it...

#26 ·
Don't thank me yet. I got distracted this morning with my 4 year old and spazed it. I added it to my to do list and set a bloody alarm this time. Monday...

Unless I turn into Super Spaz!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.