Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

What cell service should I get?

739 views 34 replies 13 participants last post by  DirtRider 
#1 ·
I have had T-mobile for about 3 yrs (voicestream then) and have been happy with the service overall but my contract is long up so I might as well take the time to review other service providers and get a deal on amazon for a new contract and phone. When I got tmobile originally the advantage was that the $40 national get more plan allowed 600 min anywhere in the US free of roaming charges. I don't think anyone else did that at the time for that money. I don't travel or call long distance often but when I do I don't want to get screwed. My second phone with them, samsung s105, has been awesome for me.
Only complaint right now is that since I moved I am at a place with bad coverage. I have lost calls sometimes but more often I just get bad reception. The T-mobile site allows you to search for reception based on address and I am at a bad spot marked as fair. It is amazing what a couple hundred feet can do.
I looked briefly on cingular and verizons maps and they seem to have a lot better coverage than tmobile now. I am wondering if it is worth going with another provider. Don't they all operate on gsm now? Why would this be different? I think I would want a national calling plan again. Do their 450 minute plans charge any type of roaming or long distance charges anywhere in the US? They never make it easy to know with all their marketing terms and hype.
Cingular looks to have a 2 yr contract req. Is there a way to get 1 yr? If not they are out for me because I will not commit that long.
I would also require a flip phone so suggestions are appreciated.
Also, anyone know if the local dealers are competitive with what I can get on amazon?

See less See more
#29 ·
K sprint sucks, SBC did buy AT&T but they didnt want anything to do with the cell phone end of it so they sold it to cingular and they are partners but nothing more, they share some stuff and support each other but they are seperate entinties .... nextel's cell phone service sucks but there two way is good... ummm sprints business system is better then mosts but still lacks alot

JUST REMEMBER NO phone services have 100% coverage and you will drop calls ect. buy a good phone it makes a difference when you use your phone alot. T-mobil was good but cingular is so much better cept tmobile's customer service is still rated number one and it was damn good... cingular you practically talk to a wall... but what do you need with customer support.

#30 ·
I can't believe this, but as this thread is goin on, i get a fuckin collection call for a sprint account i had 4-5 years ago.... douchebags tried resigning me after my 2 years went up, without my approval. So i said sorry, but that's not gonna fly. than try to charge me the breaking the contract fee. call again 5 times, and thought i straightened it out. 2 years later fucktards sell my account to a collection ageny....

SPRINT can go to hell.

GUMBA - true pimps don't need no phones foo :laughing

#31 ·
NEXTEL NEXTEL NEXTEL...did I say NEXTEL!?!?!?!?!?! :rofl

I had Verizon yrs ago and it seemed decent then, but when I split with the ex my friends had Nextel so that was my deciding factor ;)

#35 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.