Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Road America Roll call!!! April 22-24

906 views 40 replies 8 participants last post by  Bill Taborn 
#1 ·
CCS Racing @RA 4/22-24!!

Okay, it's ALMOST a month to go...but the racing urge suddenly hit me today at work. A indescribable urge to fight for umpteenth place :laughing

Who's showing up?

Dave, I'll have to submit the LWSS championship to you a bit early this year. Two of my friends are doing the most cruel, evil thing to do to a racer: Getting married on double points race weekends. I'll have to drive out to Nebraska for sure this year.

-Chris

#27 ·
Minus one.

I twisted up my knee at Supercamp yesterday afternoon and am now sporting a very stylish, 3' long leg brace and crutches courtesy of the Christiana Hospital E.R.

Gonna get an MRI and see my ortho as soon as I get back home but for now I'm out.

#31 ·
lovebothkats said:
Oh it's so close now I can see the 1 board turning sideways. :D

By the way Chris, I found a screw in my garage that worked so no worries on that one you have.
You found an M5 screw in the garage? I'd check to make sure it didn't fall off anything :laughing I'll bring yours along anyways, it's a borrowed part so I have to return it.

Hopefully my brake lever came in today so I can put that on. Wednesday I'll be organizing everything and packing. Need to clear off the trailer so I can load bike on it. Thursday after work I'll be heading up there.

-Chris

#34 ·
I'll be calling in a favor from a certain guy that stores his bike at my house to help me load the bike onto the trailer on Wednesday. Tonight I'll be running by Nielsen's to pick up the brake lever, installing it and bleeding the front brakes. I didn't find time/knowledge to fix the upper fairing. Now I've got three colors, two very similar grays with red. :laughing It's RA, I'm not supposed to look pretty there.

I've also got a new Suomy lid at home. Anthracite. Fits VERY snug :helmet

#35 ·
I got the new brake lever on. Need to put the stickers on, load the cooler.

Also got the chicken legs for the grilling. Now just need to find the cayenne pepper, louisiana hot sauce, Frank's Red Hot, Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Chicken, habanero sauce. :evil I'll also make some italian and honey mustard as well.

#37 ·
Crap, I should the jet kit stuff that's been sitting in my room for the last year. There's a thread somewhere on here with the instructions, but I'm too lazy to find it yet.

I got the trailer loaded, but when I started moving the bike I noticed the rear brake lever wouldn't return, causing the wheel to lock. While one solution would be to just not use it, a better is to put it together correctly. :laughing I read up in the Clymer's manual and saw I forgot something called the "rear brake return spring". I also found some other do-dad, some type of bracket that isn't included on the lever (good thing I kept the old one lying around) . Guess I have work to do tonight.

I'll probably be at Siebken's to register, then head back to Random Lake to visit with some friends tonight.

#38 ·
Grover said:
I got the trailer loaded, but when I started moving the bike I noticed the rear brake lever wouldn't return, causing the wheel to lock. While one solution would be to just not use it, a better is to put it together correctly. :laughing I read up in the Clymer's manual and saw I forgot something called the "rear brake return spring".
Chis,

Just get a giant rubberband, like they put on Rossi's bike a couple years ago. "Spring? We're HRC, we don't need springs!"

For the jet kits and setting the float bowl height, take a small piece of cardboard and make a right angle with the height needed (ie. 15mm or whatever), place the edge of the cardboard against the bottom of the carb body and slowly bend the tang on the float until it stays at the height needed. Replacing the main jet is as simple as unscrewing the old main jet with a flat screwdriver.

Kim,

You should lease one of your bikes to me so I can race the weekend! I still want to get a "Big honkin' twin."

Bill T., Jr.

#39 ·
Thanks for the info guys.

Chris that's too funny because I have the exact same problem on my bike, but I'm not worried about it. I may use the rubber band trick. The problem is with the aftermarket rearsets there isn't really a place to put the return spring. After using it, it will losen up a bit. Keep in mind this is just two pieces of aluminum the brake lever, then the foot peg mount through the center, so part of the problem is just friction. I've just been pushing down on mine multiple times, and it seems to return better just fromt he pressure on the pads, each time you do it.

#40 ·
Jeff, Dave, Kimmy!

Give me a shout if we don't see each other Thursday. I'll be heading to Siebken's to register but staying that night in Random Lake with a couple friends. We should try to pit together if possible, makes it easier to cook and drink beer together.

Oh, need some of THAT too.

#41 ·
Sure, Chris.

Rub it in. I used to think you were a really cool guy. Now I know better. Just kiddin' ya.

Bill T., Jr.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.