Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Need Some Gear Recommendations

612 views 28 replies 10 participants last post by  chach 
#1 ·
I'd like to get my head around how much it would cost to be prepared...

Particularly, what is proper gear going to set me back?

I'd like to find a set of two piece leathers, racing / street boots, a nice set of gloves, and anything else I might be missing so that I'd have the proper set up for a track event as well as street riding.

This gear will be used mostly during the summer, I've got a cage ( :laughing ) for the bad weather and really I'd just like to be prepared for any sort of spill I could take on the road or on the track.

What do you guys suit up in? My budget isn't that great and I've got some gear at the moment, I'd just like to pick everything up at once and be done with it... easier to budget for this sort of thing that way.

Thanks for the help.

#27 ·
JAlfredPrufrock said:
Do you think a more viable traffic riding option would be pullovers over jeans with my Joe Rocket jacket described earlier? I am wondering how this setup would fair in a ~55 mph accident.
Best option is the one you will wear. I'd give your leathers a try. If you find it doesn't work, try something else for commuting. For commuting, I use JR non perf textile pants. They block the wind and offer an extra layer of protection with pads on the knees and shins.

-Chris

#28 ·
Grover said:
Best option is the one you will wear. I'd give your leathers a try. If you find it doesn't work, try something else for commuting. For commuting, I use JR non perf textile pants. They block the wind and offer an extra layer of protection with pads on the knees and shins.

-Chris
Chris, thanks for the advice, I will give my leathers a try.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.